Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 CamerasAdviceCamerasDroneThreeSixty Tours

ThreeSixty Tours + 360º Camera + Drone?5745

alsangio private msg quote post Address this user
Could anyone please recommend a 360 camera with a drone mount?

In the vlog for threesixty.tours, @DanSmigrod spoke about this and got me interested.

I am planning on introducing threesixty.tours as part of my services but would need a good 360 camera that could work for the aerial images (combined with a drone as Dan said in the vlog, most likely a DJI Phantom 4 Pro), 360 photos and videos (with good quality).

Thanks in advanced.
Post 1 IP   flag post
dpramsden private msg quote post Address this user
If its a good 360 photo you're looking for - consider the Yuneec Typhoon H. It has a full 360 pan, and an automated 360 panorama shot function in the camera settings. Just stitch and go
Post 2 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
360 can always be achieved by stitching. many apps and software do automatic stitching now.

so your choice , imo, is more about what drone to get.

i feel you cannot go wrong with a DJI product.
(i have been involved in drones for 5 to 6 years, but granted i have not tried the Yuneec Tyhphoon)

to get 360, u just rotate the drone a few degrees (1/3 to 1/4 overlapping of images) and snap a pic,
and then stitch up the images.

i prefer this to 'complete 360 deg cameras' as manually stitching i think tends to give larger resolution than point and shoot 360 cameras.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@alsangio

Ideally, tell us:

1. Which drone you have (will buy)
2. How much would you like to spend on a 360º 1-click camera
3. What kind of ThreeSixty Tours that you would like to create (content)
4. Do you use an iPhone, Samsung (or other Android phone)

I could imagine that you are looking for an under $500 360º camera that you could use both with a drone and without.

Of the 70+ 360º camera solutions, you might take a deeper look at:

Ricoh Theta V 360 Spherical Camera ($429.95 from Amazon)

Insta360 One (works with iPhone) ($299.99 from Amazon)

Best,

Dan

Notes:

1. I have a Ricoh Theta S. The V is the latest generation.
2. Insta360 sent me an Insta360 One at no charge. I am very happy with it (and the Insta360 Studio software)
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I saw in another post somewhere where someone recommended using Litchi for DJI products to capture a 360 image. I think stitching photos using the camera on any DJI product will produce better results than any of the 360 cameras.
I feel that the 360 camera solutions have a shallow depth of field and the quality is pretty low. Sure they advertise big megapixels, but you have to realize that is spread over multiple (around 6) standard photos.
When I have a need for aerial 360's, I will be using Litchi until, at least, I see the depth of field get better and image quality improves.
I would suggest the DJI Mavic Pro. Nice small size and good to exceptional photos for any drone out there. The pictures are similar to ones taken with the DJI Phantom 4 or the Inspire.
Remember you have to meet the requirements for licensing as a drone operator in your region.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@frstbubble

Would you ever see a need for this ...

SatellitePanoramas.com
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/6047/page/1/custom-satellite-based-360-aerial-panoramas/

... totally happy with your drone solution?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
I have seen the satellite imagery options for other purposes and able to be ordered on demand. I have seen it used in agriculture. They order a satellite image of their crops and then can analyze them. I don't remember who provides them or how much it was but I know they are available. I think it depends on satellite passes and you can actually see the times when you would be able to get up to date data.

It could be an option for areas where you cannot fly. There are other options as well.

Thanks for the tip!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
@DanSmigrod I'm about 2 months behind in reading the post and working on catching up. It's great that you updated this post from 2 months ago with data from a post from 3 days ago. Maybe in a couple weeks, I'll catch up to that post. LOL

I had over 600 emails with forum updates last week, but down to under 250 as of now and burning through them!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@frstbubble

There are only 42,373 posts among 5,778 topics in the We Get Around Network Forum. How can you be so far behind?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
@DanSmigrod I guess I'm a slow reader. But under 100 emails alerts left! Next will be to work on catching up on the Live at 5's. Think I will be listening to Vimeo while driving for a while!
Post 10 IP   flag post
101646 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?