Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBillingMarketingPaymentsPricing

Real Estate Client Not Paying You?5728

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

You may find this Photography for Real Estate Blog post by Larry Lohrman interest - particularly the comments.

What Can a Real Estate Photographer Do if the Client Doesn’t Pay?

We Get Around Atlanta gets paid only when we have delivered everything and the client is happy. We have not had a client not pay. If we did, we would move on.

For the amount of money, it is simply not worth the negative energy time. We want to work with clients that love and adore us. Recommend us. And, promptly pay us because we trusted them to pay us, only when we delivered everything and they are happy.

Have you ever not gotten paid? If so, what did you do?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Photography For Real Estate Blog by Larry Lohrman excellent. Occasionally, the posts are about Matterport (and related).
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Related We Get Around Network Forum discussions:

Getting Paid After Matterport Scan?
Pricing Strategy: Pay Nothing Until Close
My solution to get invoices paid on time
Matterport Pros when do you get paid & why?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to pos a question to your post Dan, sounds like your doing the right things by generating the right kind of energy and I agree. I was just talking to a friend today and was reminded of a Realator that had run into a thing with.

I did a high end shooting job for a lot less for him as he was a member of my community so it was a good connection. He said he'd pay me right away. The place I shot rented for 30K a month in Gramacy park - with a it's own key to Gramacy Park, in NYC that's a big deal so I did a great job all were happy.

I delivered it and after 28 days I inquired, since I was not thinking it would take that long. That was the end of that relationship, 2 days before the 30 day mark my inquire was enough to make him feel offended. The check did not come for another week so I was 40 plus days. I don't grant 30 day pay periods any more - it's fine to wait till they are happy and all is delivered yes and I do but after that I except payment, and I guess I agree with you - move on, which I have. But it happens, payments and clients or often delicate area's.

I'm hopeful and try my best to cover my bases and expectations going in but sometimes I think it happens and when it does moving on to another more happy experience is your only choice - So I take it back it's not a question but an observation, and I shared a war story
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I personally require payment up front.I have a portfolio about 500 images. Ranges from $55k homes to $4.2M homes. They know the quality I deliver and my promise to deliver quality products.

They also know they are paying me for my time and not for the photos, video, virtual tour. I also feel this method works well and have not lost a client because of payment up front. I think the main point is to build strong relationships with your clients and treat them like you would treat your mom.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Spencerlasky

Thanks for the observation

Typically, a real estate agent client will ask us about terms because they are use to photographers that want full or portion paid either ahead of time or day of shoot.

We say, you can pay us within five business days of delivering everything to you - and you are happy. Okay?

A verbal or email exchange with this question is fine with us.

@htimsabbub23

"... treat them like you would treat your mom," sounds like a great business philosophy.

Best

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds good Dan - I guess having the off switch under our control allows this but creating good energy with the clients out there is a needed thing. I don't know what I could of done different with the one I had upset by inquiring a couple days prior to 30, maybe that was his trip and their was nothing I could do but if your having success I'd believe you and it is probably in the way you make them feel.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Spencerlasky

Yes. Turning off the tour is the last resort.

You never know why people are having a bad day that can be completing unrelated to you.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101421 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?