Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviseGetting PaidPricing

My solution to get invoices paid on time1209

Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys,

I'm sure we all have the same issue. It's hard enough to get the scanning work but then clients dont pay your invoice on time. It's a real bugger on the cash flow. I currently have 10 invoices that are over 1.5 months overdue

Well no more. I've changed my payment policy to only release the model when the invoice is paid in full. To aid me in this quest I've added a new skin to my business portal.

How it works:
- The skin first displays a welcome screen with your logo and details (while the model loads in the background)

- The welcome screen closes after 10 sec and the model is displayed
- After 30sec (might make it 1 min) the model closes and a screen is displayed to say 'Times up, thank you for trying this demo'

I've setup an email template the sends the client a email with a link to download the invoice and pay online.

We'll I tried it on a new client and hey it seems to have worked. I got paid in 1 HOUR after sending him the link!!!!! Whoot.

Hope this idea helps you guys. Check out Demo

*this is not foolproof. A clever developer could hack this to get the original MP link. But this is meant to be more of a motivation to get paid on time. I will still need to follow up invoices the traditional way.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Great solution Marcel!
Post 2 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
You're a genius and a scholar!
Post 3 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Why not just deactivate the scan until it's paid?

Interestingly, I have not had to wait for more than 24 hours to get paid on any of my invoices.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tnx @CarlosFHdz @RenderingSpace
@StevenHattan having a timed demo is a motivational way to get the client a preview the model and then pay. If the client is actively using the link and you shut it off that would not make him happy. In business you always have to keep the client happy, even when they are wrong.

Payment issues must be an Australian thing. They very slow to pay invoices, especially commercial.
Post 5 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
I like it!

Do you have a date of payment such as 15 days/30 days? I guess you just change it to payment on receipt of product if it's not working.

I take it you make it quite easy with online payment and pay off invoice options online etc too?

I love that you got paid within an hour, so funny! You must of been cracking up and dancing in the kitchen.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@smcclell yeah credit card payment system with Pin Payments and Xero.

LOL yeah I was like whaaaat.... Got paid already... whoot.
Post 7 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Fantastic! You are genius.
Thanks for this new skin
Post 8 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
I simply tell my customers that payment is expected 7 - 10 days post invoice.

They want it live on their websites
THEIR programmers and web Admins want the code.

Not getting paid with larger clients is not a problem
Smaller (individual people ) are offered a PAYD swipe your card option at the Scan

I would rather discount 2.75% than wait 30 plus days.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Steal something from the home as collateral.
Post 10 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Thats funny

I remember a Stone mason that built custom chimneys'

Having trouble with a Builder. Builder finished the house and moved in. Started a fire and all the smoke backed up.

About half way up the mason had built in a sheet of glass.

When he got paid just dropped a brick down the chimney
Post 11 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
How about send a letter to all the Realtors telling them what happened....then...send a letter to the builder and say, "I'm a local Realtor and received a letter you're not paying your bills. If this is true I will never send a buyer yoru way and make sure everyone knows how you operate."

It only takes a single person not to buy from him and he's lost tenfold.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101704 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?