Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugMultiple FloorsProblemsScans

Scanned area completely black568

WGAN
Basic
San Antonio, TX
EricThomas private msg quote post Address this user
Had an interesting issue today while scanning a large home. 1st floor no issues. Went up the stairwell, made the turn and got to the top landing for start of 2nd floor. Scanned, edited and made it start point for 2nd floor as usual. First 2 scans of that floor fine....3rd-8th scans were weird.
Scan points showed up, everything was flowing from point to point, however the entire area on my iPad was black except for the blue scan point indicator and very large pieces of furniture. First 2 scan points were there and you could see the carpet like normal but other than that i had a large room, that was all black except for the sofa showing. I was worried that this would kill the area so i deleted all 8 scans, went back to the stairwell landing and started 2nd floor over with no issues.

Anything wrong, anyone else run into this situation before? Were the scans really ok you think? Again the camera was flowing fine i just had no visual of what it was taking.
Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
When that kind of thing happens, I power cycle the camera and the iPad. The scans were probably ok, but you wouldn't know until you came back into Capture. If things still look the same, I would redo the scans right on top of the ones that were funky *before* deleting them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Eric
Which Ipad were you using, I have found even though one Ipad works fine, we have found a few issues using an earlier version of Ipad. Were you reaching the max space in your memory.

Ron
Post 3 IP   flag post
Stubacca private msg quote post Address this user
That happened to me too. At about 60+ scans on a two story home (2nd floor) scans were as you described. Scan points showed up, but remained all or mostly black. I finished that way leaving worried it wasn't going to process correctly. Good news is after getting the completed model back, everything seemed to process correctly. Dollhouse and Plan view even processed correctly.

It was the second house I did in a row that day so my guess is that it might have been an overheating issue? Maybe a memory issue? I don't think it has anything to do with being the 2nd floor. I used an iPad Mini about a year old and it had plenty of memory available. I really don't know what causes it and since the final product was fine I didn't worry about it.

Stuart
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
San Antonio, TX
This was an iPad 2, and only about 70 scans in. This was also my 2nd home of the day....first property was 4800 ft, this one 5800. 132gb iPad with plenty of room. Camera and iPad both were off for about an hr/half during lunch break between scans.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Stubacca private msg quote post Address this user
My properties were next door to each other. I didn't even turn the camera off so it had been on and scanning continuously for almost 4 hours. That's what leads me to believe it might have been and overheating issue... Not to mention I'm in Phoenix, AZ. It hit 117F last weekend!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@EricThomas

Did you hear back from MP Support on this?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Happens to me all the time. I do the same as JohnBecker. Just restart the camera and reload the app. Works for me every time.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
San Antonio, TX
I did not submit a ticket to Matterport....Once i deleted those scans and started over it was fine. I was reaching out to this community to see if others had the same issue, and if I should be concerned long term about it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101636 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?