Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceCamerasMarketingMuseums

Annotations/White label MP Tours Working Now5369

Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I have just done a large tour for a retialer. The annotations all look very good on my PC, but once loaded on mobile you click on them but just transition to the closets scanning point. I have tried it on my iPads and also using an iPen. But only about 10% of them will click open. I have reloaded them all the normal things. I have tried other tours that I have done and it's all the same. I am running a 100 Mb/s line so the connection is not an issue its the physical interface. Also, tried it on other smart phones same result. It's like they need to make the physical click hotspot if that is what you call it bigger.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It is very frustrating as I have to present this to the client and then to their head office in Europe. Becuase must of us view the tours on mobile. I can't post the tour here as a signed an agreement with the company. We are also looking at other 360 experiences for the online shopping experience. But must say Matterport quality is not as good as the other products out there.

The only thing that it has going for them is the time it takes to do these tours, but not being able to edit the images or own the content is a very big problem.

The client also wants it white labeled as per their international standards. This is such a huge client and if I can find a solution will give a lot of work to MSP's around the world. They love what I have done for them.

But I don't want to be negative, but will have to pull the plug on the projects as the client is not owning the tours and white labeling is not an option. But let Matterport focus on selling cameras and we do their marketing for them. They are screwing us in the real estate market trying to sell to agents and lowering prices. I know as soon as there is something better than Matterport I am buying it on the spot and donating my Matterport to whom ever wants this outdated tech. Not a Mattrebaby just being realistic and not hazed over and my back pocket is more important to me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I'll pm you
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard as far as quality, are you using the Pro2? As far as Mattertags, I haven't noticed, but if others confirm this, then the Matterport development team would be thrilled to know and take care of this.

I would also like to have information on these international standards for white labeling. I have heard this claim but never seen documentation and do not know if it's a legal think it just preference.

Concerning white labeling... How would you feel about a chrome extension that would do it so that private exhibition would be white labeled on any computer running the extension? Not sure what the use case is for your client.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@metroplex360 thanks for the comments much appreciated. For some unexplained reason, they started working. I will keep an eye on it.

It's not a legal thing, just the company has all their content eg Videos players tailored to fit their look and is all white labeled. I will meet with them again to go over this objection. ( I also had the problem with a hotel chain that nearly gave me the contract 30 + hotels, but they want to host it themselves and own the content, and that was even before I disclosed all the hidden fine print of the Showcase. So I had to disclose everything as they are big and will sink me without blinking.) So that is the reason I am looking into getting something else but that is not the normal panoramic stitched together tours. And I know a lot of guys on here is also looking for that solution as this is an ongoing problem we all are facing.

But it is like the cliche goes "the best camera you have is the one in your hand". So have to use what we have and try and sell it or better it.

The thing is the models will be public on their websites and marketing drives.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101637 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?