Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugProblemsReal Estate

Scanpoint problems485

JulianHowardCT private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone ran into this problem:
You upload a large model and a few scan points look like they are half-missing. When you try to navigate to these points, you either can't, or the model doesn't flow smoothly. There are a couple of points in this model that flat out don't work at all.

I have duplicated the model and sent it again. Maybe its a rendering issue?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I've had that a few times. Generally it's a door to outside like an invisible barrier. To get outside you need to floor plan and just back in
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Jamie So its a scanning issue? These points are normally in doorways and hallway joins. Trying to upload a GIF of a screen recording of the problem. The forum doesn't seem to like it though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yeah it seems to be. Apparently a known issue
Post 4 IP   flag post
Re-rendering hasn't worked for you in the past, @Jamie ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
No unfortunately.
I occasionally get floors on wrong levels as well
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yes! I had that the other day. There's obviously a bug or flaw that can creep in when translating from iPad to model.

Here's a screen shot of the 'sinking' scan point:

Post 7 IP   flag post
MichealGough private msg quote post Address this user
I have had the same problem, which was a two storey house. My window markings on the second level where playing havoc with the lower level scan points. I removed the window markings on the second level and it worked fine, hope this helps.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hi @MichealGough . Remove the window markings in Capture? Hmm. I haven't tried that solution. I'll give it a go, thanks.

In the past I found removing the problem 'sinkers' seems to put the model right again. It does mess with the fluidity of the space though, in terms of moving through it. Thanks again.
Post 9 IP   flag post
LATE NOTE: Blinds were open on this room.

This could be the source of the problem, I think.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yeah maybe
Sunlight tends to do nasty things to it. Damn vampire scanner
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Newport Beach, California
MDuff private msg quote post Address this user
I had issues where I had put the Trim to close to an exterior wall on Floor 1 and it wouldn't allow me to get to scans right above it on Floor 2. Just moving it away from the wall and it made all the difference.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@MDuff Thanks
Post 13 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
These problems which you all have described have all crop up since the last couple of updates but I can't seem to decide if it's an issue with the capture app or SC.

Julian if you open you model with WS you can navigate to all points without a problem. The scans into infinity is another problem. As Jamie stated that most of these problems are do to IR from the sun.

I've even encountered problems with fast moving clouds where you shoot one shot with clouds creating a shadow on the floor and the next shot there gone so you bright sunlight on the floor and you have to wait for the next group of clouds to appear.

My big issue with MP which I've stated several time on this forum is the development staff have lost key members and the current team keep going backwards. This is costing us all time and money as well as credibility with our customers. I fell like an ass when I have to tell a customer I have to come back and re-shoot a shot.

Even worse was the problem with the wandering scan which cost me an additional day shoot. These are problems I never encountered until the last few months and MP need to admit they have a problem and put all their effort into solving this not to mention adding many long over due features which have all been promise to us for over a year.
Post 14 IP   flag post
HomeBaseTeam private msg quote post Address this user
I had this problem 2jobs ago! i couldn't get into the Master Bedroom and my scan would 'sink' like the picture. it looked like an invisible wall. i went back and re-shot the Master, deleting all the old scans in that room and reloaded it, and same problem. Finally i realized, the third floor had a loft area that was shorter than the back-wall of the house (bc it had a rooftop patio)so i had a window marking right above the Master entrance. even though the marking was on the floor above it somehow blocked access below, so i just deleted the marking and everything was fine again.

Still weird though
Post 15 IP   flag post
101629 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?