Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture 2.xProblems

Potential Issue with iOS 8.4 + Capture 2.1.2451

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Turning off / Turning on my iPad Air after installing iOS 8.4 and Capture 2.1.2 fixed a problem for me.

After I updated to iOS 8.4 + Capture 2.1.2 today, I received a black screen (below) when I launch Capture 2.1.2 for the first time. Closing the app and opening it again did not fix it.

I do appear to have enough memory left on the iPad (12.6 GB), so I do not believe storage space is the issue.

I will let Matterport Support know and see if they can replicate the problem I experience.

I am holding off updating my iPad Air 2 until I hear back from Support.

I will post Matterport Support reply here.

Anyone else experience this issue?

Dan

Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
Wow.... I was about 5 minutes away from running the update. Thanks for the tip!
Post 2 IP   flag post
gofastpro private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @DanSmigrod
I have an iPad Air 2 running iOS 8.4 and Capture version 2.1.2 (232.9326) and haven't experienced any real issues other than having trouble connecting to the camera and simply restarted my iPad and it found it with no problem.
Post 3 IP   flag post
gofastpro private msg quote post Address this user
update - I just finished the iOS update on my second iPad Air 2 and no issues. Capture opened up normally and found the camera with no issues.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Support let me know ....

"... we're looking into the problem you reported. So far, we haven't been able to reproduce, and haven't had any other reports. Can you tell me more about the order in which you did the updates, and (ideally) how much Capture data (models / avg scans per model) you had? If so, we can try to re-create similar conditions, and see if we're able to see and eventually reproduce any errors. Thanks!"

Looks like it was just a hiccup for my iPad update.

Anyone experience a challenge updating both the Capture app and OS?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I updated my iPad Air 2 yesterday and had no problems. Did a successful scan today.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?