Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingPricing

How to charge for MP Rich Media MatterTags?4469

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Now that Matterport has launched Rich Media MatterTags:

1. Will you charge?
2. How will you charge?
3. Or, not charge?

We Get Around Atlanta, for example, will not charge. We provide a bundled price. We do not show ala carte.

We view our services like a 6-star hotel. If you were a hotel, are you Motel 6? Courtyard Marriott? Westin? Ritz-Carlton? Sometimes thinking as a metaphor can help you understand where you want to position your company.

I could imagine many of you are competing on pricing and want to show the lowest cost possible and then offer optional extras. If that's you, will you charge for Rich Media MatterTags and how will you charge?

I have stumbled on some Matterport Service Provider website where MatterTags are already offered as an optional extra.

Best,

Dan

P.S. I am in the Houston airport waiting for my 14-hour flight to Tokyo ....
Post 1 IP   flag post
VRimpact private msg quote post Address this user
If im honest, we have been charging very little for mattertags and sometimes giving away as a added feature to improve the Sale.
Now - this opens a whole new way the tours work.

I introduced basic mattertags to a group of 20 businesses last month and they didnt really see much value other than it highlights focus areas....
Today I showcased the media mattertags to the same businesses and i have had a much much better response. I have now confirmed 2 meetings with these businesses on the back of the media aspect and the way we can now interact with the tours. This now makes mattertags so much more important.
I will be considering making this a chargeable feature but as with all matterport pricing in the UK... HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE?

Still - Im so over the moon that this has been made available to us MSP's. Interesting to hear what others in the UK are making of this?
Post 2 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
I donĀ“t think that there is a "one size fits all" strategy here.

For some customers perhaps the best way to go is with a bundle pricing strategy while for others it is more important to show a lower price and then offer upgrades as the new mattertags (I call them digital tags and not mattertags for marketing reasons, by the way).

When I have to charge for digital tags I usually say $5 per tag, but to be honest I never paid much attention to these tags as a revenue source. With this new possibilities things might be a little different.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
We had this very conversation yesterday so I'm interested to hear what others are thinking!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I think that the nature of the MatterTags should be taken into consideration. If the client sends you links to YouTube videos, fine. If the client sends you a list of Amazon items and tells you to include their id # so they get a kick-back, then you are providing a white-glove custom integration service that requires testing and precision.

I would recommend providing a free # of MatterTags with each tour. Allow -1- video and up to 5 labelled items. Charge a nominal fee for up to 20 (and up to 3 videos) -- after all, you will likely spend time viewing the video to ensure it's correct. Then provide an ala carte price for each MatterTag after that. Keep it cheap or another MSP will make you look like a nickel and dimer. I certainly will
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?