Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseFloor PlansRealvisionScanningVirtual Reality

How does Real.Vision measure floor plans?4285

khaled private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

Can someone please explain how does Real Vision find accurate measurements of floor plans just using DSLR !

After reading through their documentation, I found that you need to install a special Firmware called magic lantern , But why this firmware is needed, and what extra information does it add to images.

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@khaled I am not a user of RealVision, can't answer your question. But I am working on how to measure floor plan for Matterport space.

If you are Matterport user you can try our measure tool JuMP-ME at http://www.iit3d.com/JuMP-ME/index.html

We use the OBJ result file from Matterport which include a real value of dimension in it. After loading it into Chrome browser we calculate the projection area for the measurement.

BTW "Magic Lantern" is one hacker's firmware that can run on Canon DSLR. It will take place of the original fireware from Canon. Make the camers more functions but it won't add any 3D dimention information to photos.

By my estimate RealVision build them by human force, not automatically by machine.

You can refer to below link:
https://real.vision/6-wellesley-pl-28

If you pay more attention you will see some wrong placed red mark when you look at the "photo gallery", these kind of mistakes can only happened when the mark was put by human. Machine won't have error like this.

That is why they need two days and USD100.00 to generated your space. Compare to 2 hours and USD19.00 from Matterport's machine processing.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101429 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?