Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasMarketing

Got an email from Matterport4038

grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
email from MP:

Matterport: so easy it feels like magic
The best part about creating a Matterport 3D Showcase is that you don't need to be an expert. Training typically takes 15 minutes or less.

Our system is designed for ease of use, so you can focus on winning listings, not learning complicated technology. All you need to do is push a button, and the Pro Camera and iPad take care of the work for you.

My response to MP:

So how do you think professional photographers feel about the line that you "don’t need to be an expert” to operate your camera. Very poor choice of words I must say. What English genius is putting your marketing together? How about the wording "you can be an expert in only 15 minutes”?

Really????
------------------------------------------------------------
Post 1 IP   flag post
mcatino private msg quote post Address this user
I have been talking to some WGN members by phone and that is one thing they told me that isn't true. To do good work where everything is right (not walking through walls and such) there is a little bit of a learning curve.

I will cross that bridge when I get there but until then Matterport lost me as a customer. I will be able to make money using other technologies I found here WGAN.

The coolest would be great but cool enough is still good. The people I talk with about MP will be just fine with a VR tour from Inside Maps or using the Iris 360 for Google Street inside tours.

With lower overhead I can be super competitive on pricing and when I come across that one client that wants the best of the best I'll decide then what to do about MP.
Post 2 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@mcatino I agree with you. There are different quality tours.

I understand also MP's need to market their product. Some of their advertising seems to be deceiving. Like the one saying "scan a property in 30 minutes" that must be a shoebox house in my opinion.

But my point to today's email is that I find it straight up rude, because it implies that we are not experts.

There is so many things a good company wouldn't do or think twice about doing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@grmngrl MP doesn't care about us its all about them and their vision of a business model. I am and will never be ok with them having my work and me having to pay them to have it.

Think about that for a second we have to commit to take what they invented, invest handsomely for the equipment, pay some hefty service/hosting fees on top of that to keep our work visible.

Then after we make the commitment to do this for a living or a side job we have to pound the pavement networking and trying to sell MP.

As a old school photographer I always owned my work, files /negatives what have you. Not with MP they own everything and can use it for what ever they want (from my understanding).

The scary thing for me was reading a post here that opened up my eyes to the possibility of MP selling out when they had the right cards in their hands. Can any one spell Google?

If a Google ever thought that they can enhance their Street View platform with MP and MP had enough scans in their inventory to be a kicker in negotiations we would be thrown out with the bath water and that doesn't sit well with me at all because it is plausible as well as possible.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@mcatino

Why Google will acquire Matterport...
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/3268/page/1/why-google-will-acquire-matterport/#22

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@mcatino

Dies this surprise you?
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/2792/page/1/matterport-terms-of-service--copyright-law/#4

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
No, I am sadden my research. I am and was so excited to go 100 mph into matterport but returned my camera last week. I should have never bought it but the sales guy got me at the right moment but then my diesel engine truck had a major issue that same night and then with a week in the Dealer shop. I have got over 3 grand into my truck and its just the bringing of 2017.

But it really made me think, I just can't get into MP until I have a need the overhead would hurt me right now. I have adopted a different plan implementing many things I have learned hear so I can't thank you enough for creating and maintaining this forum.

You have sparked life back into a old photo hound. I am excited about the next phase of my photo career and I am going to mainly focus on the entire scope of tech talked about here. I love it. I have been down the VR road before as I have mentioned but I think it is time here in NJ. Hurricane Sandy did allot of damage to the Jersey shore and even though there is along way to go the people reinvesting might be keen to these ideas. We shall see because I am going for it.

Thanks again Dan I really appreciate the work you do for all of us.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101428 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?