Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseEmbedMarketingNavigationVirtual Reality

Embed virtual ad spaces inside walkthrough3934

Amaury private msg quote post Address this user
I know this may sound like a crazy idea, but how about the ability to embed a virtual signage display stand inside tours, this will work for instance inside a shopping mall or inside a Wendy's restaurant, imagine you look up at the menu screens and they have animated HTML5 banners that shows the actual menu/offers.

Option #2
You are navigating inside a shopping mall and as you pass by these Digital Signage Kiosks you are able to see the advertising animations moving.

This will for sure give me the ability to sell ad spaces within a virtual tour.

What do you think? @Metroplex360, @DanSmigrod, @Matterport?
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I don't see how you can add this to a 3D tour...?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi Douglas, I know it sounds a bit crazy but maybe it sparks some creative thinking out the and caught @Metroplex360's and or Matterport attention

This is more inclined to sell ad spaces to brands inside a shopping mall VR Walk-through, I'm sure fashion and luxury brands will love the opportunity to show off.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Amaury I like the idea.

Even if it wasn't advertising, ANY animated movement inside would add to the tour. Imagine a fireplace with a roaring fire, or a tv screen that loops a .gif image of a tv show.

Would really make the spaces that much more immersive.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I totally Agree with you @Queen_City_3D! That moving fireplace with a crackling background sound that goes up as you get closer to it would have me sitting there in the middle of the tour.
Post 5 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I started embedding ads for my services in local businesses that I have scanned.

clickable text

The idea is a potential seller will contact me and I will refer them to one of my partner real estate agents. They use me for the photography and virtual tour if they get the listing. Once I get my license I will charge a referral fee. Who knows?...it might work!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Amaury,

The ad-box in your picture look like a web page.
I think one auto-refresh tag with iframe(show ad-web-page) can get this effect.
It is do possible but not in Matterport showcase now.
We can provide some DEMO if you like please send email to us
jumpiit3d@gmail.com

Thank you.
JuMP team from China
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hi @JuMP, I would love to see a demo of that feature, I believe it's something that can enhance tours and make them lot more immersive than now.

@JonJ I just saw your Ad inside the tour, for some reason it was not loading back at home. Cool that they actually let you set it up!, I guess you can trade those spaces in for rebate or free tours.
Post 8 IP   flag post
PHILG private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ - curious what Hosting options do you offer? This is always a tricky thing - Hosting fees.
Post 9 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@PHILG,
For hosting options, I include 6 months of hosting with the initial scan. After that, the client can choose from 3 options, depending on their needs.

month-to-month: $15
6 months: $60
Annually: $100

Incidentally, I offer free hosting for commercial properties that allow me to embed my ad.
Post 10 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
@Amaury @Queen_City_3D!

Just can confirm that animation even on parts e.g. the ocean waves outside on a window view will add a lot more experience to the scene.

Guess for this you need a good API & SDK to add features like this with Unity to a MP scene. Maybe also the latest WebVR standard will work?

Hope for this as a future feature. In general more interaction in a Matterport space, especially for VR is very needed for future competitions.
Post 11 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
The other way round would also be very interesting. Allow a visitor to explore the space and maybe even buy even if it´s closed.

A great showcase for that is the adidas window shopping-project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYBURgFgP7w
Post 12 IP   flag post
101635 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?