Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceIndustryReal EstateRealvision

REAL VISION: Anyone Using It?3637

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
i've been in dialogue with some folks on a real estate HDR facebook page and am incredulous how MP is trashed by some people. processing on the other platforms seems rather expensive. real vision seems the best as far as moving around experience, but all require a canon. i sure like my nikon D810 and the new 19mm PC lens and i ain't switching. i was thinking about maybe adopting another platform to be able to offer a lower priced alternative, but i don't see how they'd be any cheaper. real vision post seems arduous and complicated. elucidations welcome.
Post 26 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright I have not seen anybody trashing MP here in the forum. We have pointed out the obvious shortcomings of MP. But trashing I don't think so. Some feature are more important to certain people than to others. A simple example:
As a realtor you can care less if you can use the spherical images from the tour. It would be cool because they can be used on face book but it is not really that important. As a photographer I might look at this in a whole different way. What would you say if Nikon holds you images hostage? Not even asking for a ransom! :-)
Post 27 IP   flag post
it was on a facebook forum - the trashing. jealous people i'm thinking. i bought xyzpix system and so it's the best and i'll tout is as such and discount all the others and belittle them in my marketing efforts.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlanHambright
i've been in dialogue with some folks on a real estate HDR facebook page and am incredulous how MP is trashed by some people. processing on the other platforms seems rather expensive. real vision seems the best as far as moving around experience, but all require a canon. i sure like my nikon D810 and the new 19mm PC lens and i ain't switching. i was thinking about maybe adopting another platform to be able to offer a lower priced alternative, but i don't see how they'd be any cheaper. real vision post seems arduous and complicated. elucidations welcome.

I would love to use RealVision with my Nikon D7000 + 10.5mm Nikkor Fisheye. I see no reason whatsoever why I shouldn't be able to. I looked on their website and couldn't find a telephone number and didn't feel like using the contact form.

I've reached the same conclusion as you -- the other platforms aren't cheaper. I can manually build a pretty tour with Pano2VR and throw it together on a one-page site, but Matterport is cheaper to do -- no post necessary... which is why I jumped on the platform in the first place. #1 selling reason.
Post 29 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
RealVision requires its own fork of Magic Lantern firmware. ML is a Canon firmware hack, developed originally to open more functions on the Canon 5D Mark II. Very surprised the in-depth comparison failed to mention that a camera hack, that voids your Canon warranty, is required for this system.

Caveat emptor
Post 30 IP   flag post

Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedPhotoDC
RealVision requires its own fork of Magic Lantern firmware. ML is a Canon firmware hack, developed originally to open more functions on the Canon 5D Mark II. Very surprised the in-depth comparison failed to mention that a camera hack, that voids your Canon warranty, is required for this system.

Caveat emptor

Whoah. Thanks for that piece of information. That's very interesting. Now I understand why Nikon cameras are not supported as well as having an appreciation for how this works ... I would guess that iGuide uses a similar approach with their system.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Processing is way too $ for these MP alternatives, IMHO. I'm sticking to MP and DSLR for hi res.
Post 32 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
To set the record straight - iGuide uses standard Canon firmware and does not modify it in any way, so Canon warranty is intact.

iGuide camera uses its own HDR image processing pipeline and does not need any of Canon DIGIC processor features used by higher end Canon DSLRs that are mostly centered around video recording and processing.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_iGuide
To set the record straight - iGuide uses standard Canon firmware and does not modify it in any way, so Canon warranty is intact.

iGuide camera uses its own HDR image processing pipeline and does not need any of Canon DIGIC processor features used by higher end Canon DSLRs that are mostly centered around video recording and processing.

Thanks, Alex. I wasn't sure so I did make sure to state that this was my guess. 😁
Post 34 IP   flag post
101425 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?