Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceIndustryReal EstateRealvision

REAL VISION: Anyone Using It?3637

Gransky private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All!

I was just curious if anyone is using the Real Vision tour system? If so, thoughts, ease of use? Does the seemingly steep learning curve get easier rather quickly? I recently read the very detailed guide here on this forum about using Real Vision, however, I'm still left with some questions. I have everything in my possession and I'm almost ready to roll but I'm having no luck getting someone from Real Vision to return my calls to answer some technical questions I have.

Before I put my credit card down, I want to make sure I'm going to get what I'm paying for.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
None of these cubic panorama-based systems hold a candle to the MP platform if you ask me, which, of course, you didn't, but I had 2ยข burning a hole in my pocket.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@harlanHambright - I agree and I own two Matterport cameras. But I want to make sure I have multiple offerings and the Real Vision was a good option for us because of our current still camera inventory.
Post 3 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@Gransky why don't you buy software and create and host your own tours? Just wondering.
Post 4 IP   flag post
mcatino private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not in the MP game yet but close. Just a suggestion, look into Insidemaps for your other solution but my problem is pricing. I am a pro photog and my time is worth allot more than .10 cents a sq. ft. X 1,500 to do a job. I would think about that price for a InsideMaps job plus extras. I can't believe people are charging that low and I have seen lower for Matterport, you guys are killing yourselves and you don't know it.

I agree with HarlenHambright MP will be the ticket for me. Just waiting another week or two and just hope I am near the new camera release date.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@mcatino I totally agree about the pricing that some pro's have to charge to be able to survive. Where I live you have the majority of photographers charging under $100 to shoot a whole house for Realtors no matter of size or price. I don't get it, you might as well get a job that pay's $15 per hour and make more money with a regular income/ employment.
Post 6 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Take a look at this company...Definitely don't compete on price. This is ridiculous!
clickable text
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Pm you
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks JonJ, I am much higher that that but I think OK for now.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks all for the responses.

Living in a waterfront resort town, in my world, having an option to show off the exterior waterfronts is a major plus. This is a major shortfall with MP.

@grmngrl - Can you recommend a particular software option?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I am very intrigued by Real Vision because I believe that their virtual tour package is perfectly designed for Realtors.

I like that Real Vision allows use of cameras that one may already own. A Ricoh Theta S option would be nice so as to open it up to photographers with a lower budget.

I have found that all of the other options that are NOT Matterport fall short of being a 'Matterport Killer' based on high processing fees.

Other systems have offered 'higher quality panos' and 'faster shoots' -- however, Matterport Panos are very high quality and many of the other systems may offer 'higher quality', but I often see the same low quality photography just at higher megapixels (i.e. - Operators aren't taking advantage of editing their panos)

Saving time at a shoot is not a big deal for me -- I find things to do and enjoy the fact that my work doesn't follow me home.

--

I believe that both iGuide and Real Vision are positioned to gain ground on Matterport as they offer many unique things.

None of them have tours with wall detection and a smooth experience that loads SUPER FRICKEN RIDICULOUSLY FAST ON MOBILE.

I'm leaning towards Dan's Ricoh Theta S support ... as when making a trade-off, Ricoh Theta S is FAST, CHEAP and has potential as a jack of all trade gadgets. The quality is a bit lower than Matterport and the field of view sucks for large spaces - but for Real Estate, it gets the job done. Saddle Theta S up with iGuide or Real Vision and it's great. If iGuide can make a Theta solution for their floorplan generation, it would be great.

DSLRs are fantastic for high quality panos -- but guess who doesn't care? Most clients. And with mobile devices, you're going to be loading a 512k tiles if you want speed.

Matterport = Sweet Spot.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Gransky I like 3D Vista.
Post 12 IP   flag post
jessetutt private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

I have been using Real Vision for some time now and honestly love it. The photo quality is 18 MP x 3 exposures versus MP's 2 MP (which is terrible). Honestly, the ability to extract photos, offer virtual reality and the floor plans outweighs the 3D model capability which from my experience Realtors liked, but is a nice to have. I had three MP scanners and sold them all off after I did my first tour with Real Vision and MP and compared the two of them with a Realtor who chose Real Vision hands down.

The learning curve is higher for sure than MP, but on the flip side you have a high quality product which is more important in my opinion.

My 2 cents.

Click the link to see a few hundred of our tours! Virtual Tours

Jesse Tutt
3D Scan Experts
Post 13 IP   flag post
Jessie you and I are on another playing field. I read what you said and I am just not buying it. It almost sounds like your a shill for RealVision.

I don't have any skin in the game as of yet and I have done allot of looking. I don't see what your saying and realtors here in NJ are the cheapest people to work for. I have seen things from Insidemaps that easily compares with Realvision and it's done with a iPhone. So why bother? And this is my buck fifty.
Post 14 IP   flag post
3D Vista seems cool on first look and I can use my Nikon system but the output doesn't work that well on my iPad and that is my selling tool. Any insight would be a preciated.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@mcatino
Jesse is hardly a shill for real vision. Thanks for the laugh though.
Both products have their pros and cons. For real estate, real vision comes out far in front. If you want the cool doll house or measurements then use mp.

Most realtors want photos and some want floor plans.The extracted ones from mp, while better than they were years ago, are still far worse than a 5 year old iphone. If a realtor is happy with those, they either don't care, have never used a pro photographer or just don't have the $$$ to pay for one.

I do have skin in the game, I use both products and can see value in each of them.

1 thing I can say, you don't see real vision calling up your clients trying to sell them a camera. To me as someone who spends time and effort growing a business, that speaks volumes.
Post 16 IP   flag post
jessetutt private msg quote post Address this user
Hi.

I have been a member of this forum almost since the beginning and have the highest respect for what Dan has done with this forum.

Further to that, I respect what MP has done. Heck I was one of their first customers. Both technologies have their pros and cons. Real Vision doesn't provide an accurate 3D Object models and is more complicated, but has higher image quality. iGuide has a great floor plan capability, but generally the tours are done with one 360. MP has great 3D modelling capabilities and meta-data/mattertags, but has lower quality photos (2MP).

On a personal level @mcatino, before you attack people on the forum why don't you identify yourself. Having no contact information in your profile and posts might make people wonder why you are hiding.

Best Regards,
Jesse
Post 17 IP   flag post
@mcatino I use an iPad Pro and don't have problems. It might be the difference how they are hosted as well. Not sure what you are seeing. Maybe slow internet?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Jessetutt, "it almost sounds like" is that what you're calling a attack? Sorry then, seriously. I'm from Jersey and here we don't say sorry we usually just punch people in the face (that's a joke).

On a personal level I'm not interested in putting my personal info anywhere on the internet even though it is all over the place already. Do you want it for another reason? If you are ever coming to NJ contact me and I will happily give it to you and offer you a sincere aplogogy face to face.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@jessetutt - Thank you very much for your input. This is exactly the assurance I was looking for.

Again, just to be clear to everyone, I own two Matterport cameras. I have done hundreds of MP tours. I'm not here asking about what tour system I should pick, I will let my clients do that. Unless MP really does something to piss us off, I envision my company offering MP tours as long as they are and we are in existence.

But, as @jamie has pointed out, MP is pushing cameras to the entire real estate market. And this includes my current clients. So I feel we must as a company, be invested in products that not every Tom, Dick and Harry can offer.

One thing I will say for certain, there is a pretty hefty learning curve with Real Vision. While not daunting to me as a photographer of 22 years, it certainly would be to any Real Estate Agent. And that in my opinion is a good thing!

Thanks again for all the feedback!
Post 20 IP   flag post
@mcatino it doesn't matter where you are from. This forum and the community of operators that come here, do so looking for help or to offer advice, not call someone a shill because they tell you of their experience. Most people are very open and have their info displayed, or at least introduce themselves. Even if you don't think it was an attack, it's just not called for or helpful.
Post 21 IP   flag post
CartoBlue private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using Real.Vision for over a year at CartoBlue. We actually have 7 photographers working for CartoBlue shooting Real.Vision tours under our own name and have had great success. Realtors are cheap regardless of where you are located, but you need to start thinking outside the box. There are hundreds if not thousands of other opportunities out there for virtual tours and I'd argue that Real.Vision is the best 3D showcase available from a quality perspective as well as what it includes (interactive floor plan, HDR photos, and VR capability) plus great turnaround time. Yes, there is a learning curve but it's a professional product, Joes vs Pros and I like that because not just anyone can do it. @Gransky I'm happy to answer any technical questions you may have - please PM me
Post 22 IP   flag post
@everybody that has to bitch about what Somebody said and it is not about themselves! Why don't we just mind our own business, no need to tell anybody that somebody was using the wrong wording or tone, or what ever. I think everybody is aware by now! Let the people involved figure things out on their own. We are adults here and everybody can speak up for them self as we have seen.
Please and thank you. Let's be a grown up and move forward! I enjoy reading everybody's input on 3D Tours and gear etc. so let's just stop this nonsense.
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Ohhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Post 24 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessetutt
Hi guys,

I have been using Real Vision for some time now and honestly love it. The photo quality is 18 MP x 3 exposures versus MP's 2 MP (which is terrible).

Matterport uses 3 different tilesets.

The first, 512k set is for mobile. It is 3MP (512k x 6).
The second, 1024k set is standard and is used when embedded in an iframe and in most scenarios. It is 6MP total (1024 x 6).
The third, 2048k set that is now in use is used when zooming but also used when the browser window is large enough to justify it. It is 12MP total (2048 x 6).

Quote:
Honestly, the ability to extract photos, offer virtual reality and the floor plans outweighs the 3D model capability which from my experience Realtors liked, but is a nice to have.

Matterport offers all of these features. The floorplans are generated and actual print ones are available too for purchase. Purchasing the 'schematic floorplans' or using Petra and BlueSketch is cheaper than the cost of RealVision.

Quote:
I had three MP scanners and sold them all off after I did my first tour with Real Vision and MP and compared the two of them with a Realtor who chose Real Vision hands down.

Matterport does a fantastic job on quality and navigation. I have a hard time accepting the other platforms as the consistency is all over the map. If the photographer edits the panos before submitting, it can be incredible, but then the workflow decreases the profitability.

I've found that after the recent firmware updates, Matterport's quality is ridiculously good for what I would expect from the hardware.

Quote:
The learning curve is higher for sure than MP, but on the flip side you have a high quality product which is more important in my opinion. My 2 cents.

A few things to mention -- Matterport does not allow you to walk through walls, loads faster, performs better on mobile, and is more cost effective for photographers.

Downsides to Matterport are the amount of time to create the models and inability to edit panos if you wanted to.

-

I love Matterport and am blown away by the opportunity that it has given me.

I am rooting for ALL of the underdogs who I think are worthy competitors -- and that's RealVision and iGuide.

I absolutely LOVE RealVision's virtual tour package and I do think that it's exactly what Realtors want. I'm considering offering RealVision privately for a few companies who would like a photographer in my area to allow them to expand; while keeping my own offerings Matterport only.

I also LOVE the guys at iGuide and feel that they are operating an incredible company that cares deeply about its customers and that their unique product is top notch and has a huge amount of potential now and in the future. I'm not in the market to buy another proprietary system and to market it against my other offering - so it's a weird proposition for me.

But when it comes to the facts -- Matterport deserves some more credit for resolution and basic features that you stated it did not have. It has snapshots, floorplans and much higher resolution imagery than you described.
Post 25 IP   flag post
i've been in dialogue with some folks on a real estate HDR facebook page and am incredulous how MP is trashed by some people. processing on the other platforms seems rather expensive. real vision seems the best as far as moving around experience, but all require a canon. i sure like my nikon D810 and the new 19mm PC lens and i ain't switching. i was thinking about maybe adopting another platform to be able to offer a lower priced alternative, but i don't see how they'd be any cheaper. real vision post seems arduous and complicated. elucidations welcome.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@HarlanHambright I have not seen anybody trashing MP here in the forum. We have pointed out the obvious shortcomings of MP. But trashing I don't think so. Some feature are more important to certain people than to others. A simple example:
As a realtor you can care less if you can use the spherical images from the tour. It would be cool because they can be used on face book but it is not really that important. As a photographer I might look at this in a whole different way. What would you say if Nikon holds you images hostage? Not even asking for a ransom! :-)
Post 27 IP   flag post
it was on a facebook forum - the trashing. jealous people i'm thinking. i bought xyzpix system and so it's the best and i'll tout is as such and discount all the others and belittle them in my marketing efforts.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlanHambright
i've been in dialogue with some folks on a real estate HDR facebook page and am incredulous how MP is trashed by some people. processing on the other platforms seems rather expensive. real vision seems the best as far as moving around experience, but all require a canon. i sure like my nikon D810 and the new 19mm PC lens and i ain't switching. i was thinking about maybe adopting another platform to be able to offer a lower priced alternative, but i don't see how they'd be any cheaper. real vision post seems arduous and complicated. elucidations welcome.

I would love to use RealVision with my Nikon D7000 + 10.5mm Nikkor Fisheye. I see no reason whatsoever why I shouldn't be able to. I looked on their website and couldn't find a telephone number and didn't feel like using the contact form.

I've reached the same conclusion as you -- the other platforms aren't cheaper. I can manually build a pretty tour with Pano2VR and throw it together on a one-page site, but Matterport is cheaper to do -- no post necessary... which is why I jumped on the platform in the first place. #1 selling reason.
Post 29 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
RealVision requires its own fork of Magic Lantern firmware. ML is a Canon firmware hack, developed originally to open more functions on the Canon 5D Mark II. Very surprised the in-depth comparison failed to mention that a camera hack, that voids your Canon warranty, is required for this system.

Caveat emptor
Post 30 IP   flag post
101749 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?