Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceNavigationScanningTips

Scan multi-level without stairs?3572

PhotoJoe private msg quote post Address this user
How would I scan a 5 floor building without using the stairs to move from floor to floor? Is it possible? Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
terrygrant private msg quote post Address this user
You could use one of those Portal guns :-)
Seriously though..I was wondering the same thing as in some London houses the stairs are narrow with several turns and wont be fun to click though.You and simply not scan the stairs and you just zoom out to dolls house mode to switch floors.

Anybody got a more elegant answer?

T.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@PhotoJoe @terrygrant

A related We Get Around Network Forum discussion:

guest house 1/2 mile away

best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@PhotoJoe

How are they going to move from floor to floor? Are there no stairs for you to use?

You could try to scan elevator on first floor, on the second floor start in elevator and work your way out and change floors as you go. If you don't rename the floors, it would be hard to work with in workshop. All the scan points would be on top of each other if you don't change floors and try to scan one floor.

This is one of those times where you might have to experiment and see what works.

You could always do 5 different models and use a mattertag to go to next floor. You would waste 4 scans.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
The viewers can easily get up or down by selecting the floor from the level-selector menu at the bottom right of the showcase, or by going in to the dollhouse view and selecting a new floor.

To make the floors stack on top of each other though, I think you definitely need to scan the stairs.

That said, if there's an elevator I'd try scanning it with the door open and then put mattertags to bring you to each floor.

Remember that if you have a model open you can click "U" to get the URL for that exact spot in the model. You would probably have to shorten the URL using bit.ly or something like that.

Then take those links and put them in separate Mattertags to bring your viewer "up" the elevator to each floor.
Post 5 IP   flag post
PhotoJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone.
Post 6 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
If you scan the stairs to connect the floors, will the model turn out correctly if you trim them off before uploading? Just curious. I have never had to do this before, but you never know...
Post 7 IP   flag post
101637 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?