Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceNavigationTips

guest house 1/2 mile away3216

iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
@Alex_iGuide So I need to go with classic TARDIS design -- not modern.

There you go, now put in on Kickstarter.

Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps it needs to be "L" shape so that when you enter, you can not see the exit. Then you move the "L" and exit and you can not see the entrance while exiting?

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I am headed to Lowes right now to start building my Matterporter.
Will let you know how it works...
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm also thinking this might work going from floor to floor without using the stairs.
Post 29 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Perhaps it needs to be "L" shape so that when you enter, you can not see the exit. Then you move the "L" and exit and you can not see the entrance while exiting?

Dan

That's clever. But complicates the design. Would not it be easier for MP to add the ability to mark doors in addition to windows/mirrors? With the difference being that doors do not get the mesh built. I still cannot believe that people have to take doors off hinges to continue scanning. Maybe this is worth patenting and licensing back to MP.
Post 30 IP   flag post

So I just did my first test and I made it 4 x 4 wide and 6' tall.
The problem is it's a bit tight as the camera needs to make a spot on the ground inside the transporter.
I will continue with my test tomorrow.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Santa Fe, NM
JMEPhotos private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for all the great suggestions! Gonna try the box ideas
Post 32 IP   flag post
I need to make my box a little bigger as the 4' x 4' is to close.
Will have more time to work on it next week will let you all know how it goes.
Post 33 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers, why don't you try lowering the tripod? That will reduce the footprint of the scanners blind spot.
Post 34 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
a
Post 35 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenderingSpace
I would scan the spaces separately then throw both tours into a property website like WP3D.

But that's so boring and by the book I suppose next you'll just use a Mattertag to link them internally.

I've spent a lot of time at conventions and at my own company presentations watching average people interact with Matterport.

The sad truth is that people suck at it. They get confused really easily. They don't take advantage of the dollhouse view let alone floor plan view LET ALONE virtual reality.

People get lost in bathrooms and don't know how to turn around. If using an ipad, they start swiping all over the place.

My point is that, unless the home buyer is under 30 and has a lot of tech experience, they're probably not going to find a Mattertag link to a separate space.
Post 36 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
That is bang on. When talking about 3D tour navigation options, it is important to keep in mind demographics of the users, especially the paying ones (agents), but also home owners and how computer-savvy they are. Here are some statistics for US, there is a lot more to be found at the source link below.

"The median age of all REALTORS® is 58... The typical home size is 1,500 square feet... The typical home owner is 55 years old, and has lived in the current home for 14 years."

Source:
http://www.realtor.org/field-guides/field-guide-to-quick-real-estate-statistics

We heard multiple times that iGuide floor plan navigation is easy for people to understand and we are talking about real estate market here with the median age over 50 for both agents and homeowners.
Post 37 IP   flag post
101628 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?