Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCamerasInternational

Transfer Camera through Airport Control3559

matthew private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I am transferring my camera in Moscow and i would like to know if i am allowed to transfer my camera in my hand luggage. Considering the fact that the size of the battery it's not that small and cannot be removed, do you know if i can pass it through control (for my personal use) with no issues?
Any ideas? Any previous experience into this?
I think, but not sure that there some restrictions and allow up to a certain size of batteries on-board. (Photo is taken from Matterport official user-manual)
I would appreciate any feedback. I don't want to find myself in front of unpleasant surprises...

Thank you in advance

Matthew
Post 1 IP   flag post
CelisNet private msg quote post Address this user
You should be fine. I have flown from U.S. to Mex, an another time within Mexico with no problems.

I wouldn't trust any airline to handle my camera.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Briski2208 private msg quote post Address this user
If you travel with lipo batteries for using on a drone for instance, you have to inform the airline prior to travelling & have them with you in hand luggage. As with any battery best to have it with you, if it goes in the luggage hold and something happens there's no getting to it fast. Safety first :o)
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Should not be an issue as it is installed in the device.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
HI Matthew. I have flown with mine to Seychelles, Europe and Saudi and had no problems whatsoever. I use a pelican case that is the size of the permitted hand luggage size that is allowed. ( I had once a problem on a domestic flight of the weight that I was over the allowed 7kgs, but talked my way out of it ) Also no Airport security has asked me to open the case. As long as you leave your Samsung Note 7 at home it won't be a problem.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@matthew

While I got a Pelican case for flights, I find that I use my soft Think Tank case in a suit case that fits in the overhead bins.

I would NEVER check luggage that contains the camera.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
matthew private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't trust my camera putting it in my suitcase either..
I think that i can travel calm now..

Thanks all for your feedback!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Max_Sodomovskiy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi. I quietly carried the camera in hand Luggage from USA to Russia, from Russia to Europe and back. No problem.

Привет. Я спокойно перевозил камеру в ручной клади из США в РФ, из РФ в Европу и обратно. Без проблем.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@matthew I travel within NZ all the time and do a Fragile check in with my Vanguard solid case. It contains with both my SLR and the MP camera - I sometimes sign a waiver but that's it and I have never had an issue.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?