Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
I seem to be having an issue with the new viewer where it works on one PC and not another. I've tried all 3 browsers and made sure that they are up to date. Firefox seems to work on all PC's but Chrome and IE with the exact most up to date versions don't seem to run on my laptop. Where as the older version of the viewer had no problem.

A couple of my customers have had the same issue and we can't afford to have any customer or worst yet potential customer have this problem.

Can you all check the different PC's you have and give your feedback.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlieB private msg quote post Address this user
Gary,

I use a Mac and I can view the showcases on Firefox, Safari and Chrome on the mac. As well as now on the iPad IOS8 with no problems.

Charlie
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks Charlie,that's the great thing about a Mac they hardly ever have a problem
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Gary & Charlie...

Couple things:

1) Support Call
I left a message with Matterport Support yesterday re: the crashing issues we'd been experiencing and they just called me back this afternoon with some tips. I'll see which thread it makes the most sense to add those to.

2) Browser/Hardware Support
While on the support call, I took the opportunity to ask the (very nice) support person a bit about Browser Support. He and I looked at a few different variations of browsers and the common thread is that the new versions of Firefox, Chrome & IE SHOULD all work on a PC...the catch is whether or not 'Hardware Acceleration' is available. A quick test is this: While in CHROME, open a tab/window at "chrome://gpu" (enter this exactly...no http://, etc.) The last line under the first section (Graphics Feature Status) will tell you the status of "WebGL". My guess is that on your laptop (GarySnyder) you'll see it reading "WebGL: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable" whereas on your desktop, you'll get "WebGL: Hardware accelerated". One works....one doesn't. The Matterport support tech noted that they're working on better error messaging when something fails inside the browser to give viewers more information about why they aren't able to see the model in a "supported" browser.

Hope this helps....rp
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hi rpetersn

Thank you, this is very useful information. I did the check and my laptop does show Hardware Accelerated for WebGL.

I'll send off an email to support this morning and hopefully get this sorted out ASAP. Like all of us I'm emailing prospects with links to scans and if they can't open them then any chance of winning them as a client is shot.

As soon as I get an answer on this new issue I'll post Matterport's reply.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Just an update, the viewer is working in Chrome on my very old laptop which must be at least 7 years old. But on my new HP which is just 2 years old and the latest version of Chrome the viewer will not work.

My concern here is that like a lot of graphic developers now days they are using Mac's which typically won't have any problems. It's vital that any new viewer is tested on as many PC's before it's rolled out.

We had an issue with this new viewer when it came to the embedded link that would not work as well. This affected me and some other members of the forum.

These issues may have arisen from their main developer leaving Matterport just a few weeks ago. I do hope in the future Matterport let's us the users of the system test all new releases before they push them out for general release.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CharlieB private msg quote post Address this user
I had reported that I could view the Showcases on all of my browsers on my Mac but check out this screenshot that I received on Safari and the hoops that I had to jump through to set it up. Wasn't hard but not sure how customers will like this either.

Just sharing....Charlie
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks Charlie

I think the development team at Matterport need to consider that our end customers are not computer whiz's. They need to make sure that it works without a hitch What you've shown me is a big hitch and could be a deal breaker for a new customer or even an existing customer.

I'm waiting for support to get back to me on the above issue.

I've also just been informed that when you go to view an embedded link on an Android phone the link comes up and works but it takes you to the my-matterport page. This is a no go for my customers who have embedded the link into their websites.

I feel since they have lost David that the development team is struggling to get it right and we meaning the people who have invested in Matterport cameras can't afford to have these issues.

I hope other join in in this discussion as we are stronger in numbers when we approach Matterport.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Well bugger...

It sounds like this is a much bigger issue than I initially thought. I agree 100% that we are all at great risk of losing potential customers/clients if they try to view examples and run into (too many) technical difficulties.

I realize that with new/emerging technology there is always going to be some hiccups and bug-squashing required...but it seems to me that what is being described here is a much deeper issue....and affects a significant percentage of our potential viewers.

Is anyone at Matterport listening and/or watching this tread? Can you let us know what steps you are taking to alleviate the (largely PC-based) compatibility issues that are being discussed here?

Obviously we're all big fans of the product/service that you (Matterport) provide and any/all updates you can share will be critical to keeping everyone happy.

We've all invested significantly (time & $$) in what you've developed and are all working hard on promotion....please help us help you!
Post 9 IP   flag post
well said rpetersn
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?