Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iGuideImmoviewerInsideMapsRealvision

Compare 5 3D Systems: Hosting/Processing3432

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Comparing 5 3D/VR Camera Systems: Hosting/Processing

How do the following five 3D/VR Platforms hosting and processing compare?

✓ iGuide (formerly Planitar)
✓ immoviewer
✓ InsideMaps
✓ Matterport
✓ Realvision (formerly Toursler)

In the single most comprehensive hands-on side-by-side analysis, We Get Around Blog Guest Columnist, Paul Collart ( @pcollart ), includes charts where he compares hosting and processing:

While these charts are included below, the same charts are easier to read in this We Get Around Guest Blog Post:

Compare 3D/VR Platforms for Scanning/Shooting Homes: Matterport, InsideMaps, Realvision, iGuide, immoviewer (and More)

If you are thinking about buying a 3D Tour solution, or wondering if other solutions are a threat or an opportunity to the 3D Tour solution that you are using now, Paul's analysis is likely to save you days - even weeks - worth of research.

How does this analysis help you?

Happy holidays,

Dan

----

Chart 6 | Matterport 3D Tour Cost for Palo Alto Eichler | Source: Paul Collart

Chart 7 | Matterport Cloud Hosting Subscription Options | Source: Paul Collart

Chart 12 | InsideMaps 3D Tour Cost for Palo Alto Eichler | Source: Paul Collart

Chart 13 | InsideMaps Variable 3D Tour Costs | Source: Paul Collart

Chart 14 | InsideMaps Example Projects and Associated Costs | Source: Paul Collart

Chart 18 | Realvision 3D Tour Cost for Palo Alto Eichler | Source: Paul Collart

Chart 19 | Realvision Variable 3D Tour Costs | Source: Paul Collart

Chart 20 | Realvision Example Projects and Associated Costs | Source: Paul Collart

Chart 24 | iGuide Tour Cost for Palo Alto Eichler | Source: Paul Collart

Chart 25 | iGuide Variable 3D Tour Costs | Source: Paul Collart

Chart 26 | iGuide Example Projects and Associated Costs | Source: Paul Collart

Chart 31 | immoviewer Variable 3D Tour Costs | Palo Alto Eichler | Source: Paul Collart
Post 1 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Comments on iGuide pricing.
Chart 25 should read $0.02/sf for 10,000+sf
Chart 26 calculation is incorrect:
7000sf should be: $70 + 2000sf x $0.03 + 2000sf x $0.025 = $180 for Std and
12000sf should be: $70 + 2000sf x $0.03 + 5000sf x $0.025 + 2000sf x $0.020 = $295 for Std
Post 2 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Ok...This report alone is worth the Standard fee. :-)
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cupix Head of Product Strategy pcollart private msg quote post Address this user
@Alex_iGuide We will make sure we get that updated! Sorry about that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
@pcollart Thank you Paul. And also thank you for all the work you have done and such a detailed report.

The reason for this tiered pricing calculation is that otherwise there will be strange jumps in price as you cross 5000sf and 10000sf thresholds, i.e. price for 4999sf will be higher than price for 5001sf if it is computed in the non-tiered way.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cupix Head of Product Strategy pcollart private msg quote post Address this user
@Alex_iGuide Sorry it took me a bit to get this updated. I sent the updates to Dan to get the main review updated. I have also included the updates here ...

Chart 25 | iGuide Variable 3D Tour Costs

Chart 26 | iGuide Example Projects and Associated Costs

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Alex_iGuide

We updated the original We Get Around Guest Blog post by @pcollart with the (above) two charts.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Thank you Dan and Paul!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gransky private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod - While we're on the subject of comparison, is there a previous (or active) thread where people can weight-in on what platform is experiencing the most success right now? I'm now invested in Matterport (times 2) and about to get started with Real Vision.

Is the best route to offer many platforms? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

-Grant
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Gransky

Three options:

1. Post to this discussion
2. Post to one of these related discussions
3. Start a new topic

Okay?

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
mcatino private msg quote post Address this user
I am sorry if I offend some people but I am new here and about to invest in a 3D platform.

Visually I don't see a comparison to Matterport in my opinion it is the only true 3D imagery. All the others seem to be just spherical VR's put together in a seemless tour.

I am not going to comment on any other feature except the WOW factor. The winner right now for me looks like Matterport. If you are going to stay in the real estate market I will admit all the other platforms will probably work well for all of you because ease and cost are a big deal in that industry.

Being a professional photographer for 35 years I am a little disappointed that I can't retouch a Matterport 3D scan but as I have been doing my whole career, a little home work and creativity to handle certain uncontroable issues is all it takes for me to over come problems.

In all the samples I have seen posted by the company themselves I don't have a problem with the Matterport samples and haven't seen anything better (picture quality) on my iPad Pro and my 27" iMac. For all those manufacturers that feel I am missing something please feel free to send me samples to consider.

I totally agree with Cransky about offering other platforms and from my research everyone with a iPhone 6 or 7 should be able to get away or started with Insidemaps. That being said I don't know how much a client will be willing to spend on that service when they see your setup but realtors won't need to hire anyone with that system. I think I will use that for a back up solution prior to buying two Matterport systems.

I can't help that there will be and probably are non-pros in this industry which don't have any photography skills or knowledge. I was taught the simple definition of a Pro along time ago it's what separates you from everyone else is you have two cameras. Walking into a job like this and not prepared if something goes wrong is the neon sign of a amateur.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@mcatino Hey, I agree with you on all of your points. I came up with a way to allow retouching of the panos as a private 'proof of concept' because I too think that the inability to do this is bad ... however, I have been heartened by the improvements in scanning quality, processing, etc. from new firmware.

I'm a professional photographer (I make a living from it) and Matterport has won me over hands down. I still laugh while using it because ... it's not photography and it replaced the HDR pano tours I shot for almost 10 years.
Post 12 IP   flag post
mcatino private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated. Would be interested in your retouch process and I think I am sold on MP.

I agree that it is not photography and therefore we can't stop those with $$$ that get into this as a business. I have desided to use Insidemaps as a low cost solution for realtors on the cheap and will mark up $$ MP service just because there is a huge difference between them. The fact that it uses a iPhone is another mind blower for me.

I look forward to future discussions. Until then be well.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101602 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?