Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasSell

Buying or Selling a Matterport Camera Posts343

Amazing3DTours private msg quote post Address this user
I have a like-new Matterport 3D camera (delivered in late March 2015, so it is from the latest batch) that has been used for just 6 scans.

Nothing wrong with it - works great. Just don't need it.

I attached a small level to the top that makes it a lot easier to level than using a tripod with a level that is usually hidden by the camera protruding over it.

Have original box.

I'd be willing to take $4,250 for it with free UPS Ground shipping within the USA. If you are outside the USA, would have to see what the costs are to ship to your country.

I prefer to accept payment via PayPal (you do not have to have a PayPal account to pay by PayPal - can use your credit card instead on PayPal site).

If you are interested, let me know.

Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a particular reason you're selling your camera?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Have one that I am not using
Post 3 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
I am interested
How does warranty work?
Is there an assignment from matterport?

Does Matterport need to be notified?
I want to bring it into Canada.

Used camera has additional complications vs a purchase direct from paul@matterport.com
Post 4 IP   flag post
RT3D private msg quote post Address this user
What is the serial number on the back S/N??
Post 5 IP   flag post
I believe I just have to deactivate my account and then you activate yours to it

Someone else sold one back in March here (via ebay) so looks like it can be done

I will post serial number when I am in front of the camera in a couple hours
Post 6 IP   flag post
Serial #: B469 Model: MC200
Post 7 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Here are my thoughts and I don't want to insult you

I am buying from an individual
I am forfeiting my factory warranty
I risk the goods arrive damaged and we are in dispute over condition.

My questions [learning curve] will be loud.
The manufacturers rep is not there.

The discount re list at matterport needs to be substantive for me to step up. you have already commented you modified [added a level]

I am in a different country... not just across the state.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hi David,

Not sure the point of your post. You write as if I am forcing a camera on you and make a lot of assumptions.

Sounds like you would be more comfortable buying direct.

To address your points for others:

Whomever buys the camera is buying it from a company (Company 19 LLC), not an individual.

There is a 99.9% chance the camera will not arrive damaged, as we have a professional and 30+ year experienced shipping department. And in the extremely rare case it did get damaged, you can file a dispute with PayPal. They protect against damaged items in any first world country. Last time I visited Canada, it felt pretty first world to me.

Shipping to Canada is really no different than shipping to another state in the USA. We ship other products to Canada almost daily. It costs a little more in shipping, takes a couple extra days in Customs, and you may have to pay a duty that is assessed by your country. Otherwise, there is no difference.

The warranty is still valid and Matterport still provides support for their accounts, because you have to have a monthly account to use the camera.

The flat level (almost like a sticker) added to the top can be removed, but it drastically improves the usability of the camera and most people would love to have it there.
Post 9 IP   flag post
silverain private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone -

I have a like-new matterport camera that I would like to sell. I received it one month ago and used less than 5 times. It worked well but I don't need it anymore (decided to pursue a different startup idea). I also have a Manfrotto tripod and the screw-knob clamp recommended when I bought it. I would be willing to sell the whole thing for $4250 OBO (total value of ~$4700).
Post 10 IP   flag post
shieldsplaya private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I am interested in the camera.. Still for sale?

Thanks
Post 11 IP   flag post
Hi shieldsplaya- yes it is still available! Where would you need it shipped to?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Great. 90403
Post 13 IP   flag post
I live in Boston (but originally from s California). I'm happy to ship but how should we organize payment? I would like to be paid before it ships but I imagine you might not be comfortable with that. What is the best way to facilitate? I can sell through my eBay acct for example which has a perfect review over many transactions.
Post 14 IP   flag post
That could work. Can you email me your phone number?

Shieldsplaya@yahoo.com

Thanks
Travis
Post 15 IP   flag post
or you could just give me your ebay link w a buy it now price, I am looking to get asap.

Thanks
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hi- I just sent you my phone number. Or I can get it up on eBay in the next two hours- just on my way home now.
Post 17 IP   flag post
sfguy31 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm selling a Camera on eBay for $4100 + Shipping. Used for 5 scans as a new real estate agent. I bought the Camera to try and set myself apart from my competition as tech savy RE Agent. My wife and I are expecting a baby so I had to get a job with a more steady income. This camera is in very good condition and very gentley used. If you are looking for a great deal for a Matterport Camera, this is it! I hate to part with this camera but my wife is nudging me to get rid of it. Thanks for viewing!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271914372173?_mwBanner=1
Post 18 IP   flag post
shannonbloemker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverain
Hi- I saw that you were working on buying a Matterport camera. Just in case you that purchase didn't work out, I wanted to let you know that I have a virtually new one (used for 4 models) that I'm looking to sell as well (with case and tripod) for $4000. Let me know if you're still in the market. Cheers!
Post 19 IP   flag post
CharlesTurner private msg quote post Address this user
Post 20 IP   flag post
HugoSantanos private msg quote post Address this user
Hello guys, im selling my Matterport camera, which is in excellent condition. Going to pursue another career, meanwhile i will better of outsourcing. If you are located anywhere near Nashua, please feel free to pick it up. Otherwise i will ship it to you. I would like to offer it for $4000.

Thanks!
Post 21 IP   flag post
avvideographer private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Hugo is this still for sale ? can you email me directly at annaytfdesign@yahoo.com . thanks ! annie
Post 22 IP   flag post
jonrr52 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I have a slightly used camera with <15 scans, with original packaging and invoice/packing slip.

Price is $4,100 and includes 2day shipping.

Jon
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
If you are buying or selling a used Matterport camera, I encourage you to do so via the eBay.com buyer guarantee - and seller protection - features to have the protections of eBay for both the buyer and seller.

Plus, eBay Customer Service is available 24/7 for dispute resolution.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 24 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
a lucky gentleman won a Matterport camera at the inman connect matterport VIP party and sold it within 3 seconds for $3,500 I do believe.

I sold mine back around Feb when I decided it made more financial sense for me to outsource the scanning process to local provider. I just don't do enough models a year to justify owning the camera, there are 3 providers near me now.

obviously I'm still a huge advocate of the technology and continue to promote the models I scanned last year as well as use digital showings for all of my listings.
Post 25 IP   flag post
HansLankari private msg quote post Address this user
@HugoSantanos

You offered me your camera (with a hotmail-type e-mail that does not even have a full name of the sender), and I offered a pick up from your location; you preferred to ship it instead; payment via PayPal.
I asked you to have a Skype conversation with me; you claimed you do not have Skype; a program that can be downloaded to any operating system within minutes.
You insisted on offering a shipment; this time 50% advance payment and 50% after receiving the camera.
I asked your telephone number, your real name, your FaceBook, your Twitter, your Pininterest, your LinkedIn, your anything; no answer.
But still you now advertise here a camera for sale, and suddenly have not answered me anymore; even though I signaled you to be ready to go for the deal as soon as we have discussed about it live, and agreed the pick up details.

I am sorry if I have drawn wrong conclusions, but to me this simply smells as a scam...

HugoSantanos: Are you a real person, and are you selling a real camera?
Has anyone else had private offers from him?
Post 26 IP   flag post
@hanslankari, i have emailed you back and you did not respond, but all i can see is you setting a post like this. As i said i am busy relocating and you are not the only one that is interested in this camera. I havent made a deal with you yet. I don't have proper wifi access as im flying around. Only at airports im able to check inbox. And yes, i have sold a camera to Lexshan before, and we made a good deal. So please, do not make conclusions or post anything like this before you have talked to me. If you can't wait 2 days for a answer due to my busy schedule, you can tell me that through email.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Aha, so you sold your camera yesterday, Sunday, between the last e-mail of Saturday night and noticing this message this morning (Monday)? Hmm...

Anyway, happy that you managed to sell, even though you have been being so awfully busy this last 24 hours flying around. I am sure I would never have been able to organize this quick buying; especially that the seller is only reachable through these public messages.
1 thing I do not understand; why did you offer me a camera on Saturday, if you had already arranged its selling to another person? (I simply refuse to believe you suddenly met this new buyer on Sunday, on the road, and sold it immediately; especially that you have been so busy flying around.)

Sorry, but there is still something that does not match here...
Post 28 IP   flag post
you should read precisely what i have written before drawing such ridiculous conclusions: I have sold a camera to lexshan BEFORE. So, yes i am busy flying around now, have confirmed this in the last email i send you. And why are you reply me here and not in the email anymore? Why creating such a fuss on the forum and downgrade my reputation? Not nice as i done a deal with Lexshan before(couple of weeks ago), she can confirm this. If you have any remarks, please email me in private.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Thank you very much for clearing this: I am apologising if I made wrong conclusions.

But you must admit it seemed all very strange:
1. You offered to send the camera, then I offered to arrange to pick up. But you keep on shipping.
2. Then I offered to meet you in Amsterdam; you said it is difficult, as you are in "northern islands of the Netherlands". But I guess your flight to US did not take off from the islands, but from...;-)
3. Then I asked your contact information; name, Skype, telephone, FB, etc. You did not give any of these in your answer, but insisted on shipping.
4. Then I asked again the contact information. Here the answers stop.
5. Here at this stage a new sales ad of yours appear on MUG.
6. I resend to ask for contact information. No answer.

As I said; I apologise if the conclusion was wrong, but I think you must admit that many would have drawn the same conclusions, don't you?
No hard feelings? It is important that your reputation is also cleared, and hereby explained how this fuss was born.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101736 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?