Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 487 Unique Visitors
9,068 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,149 Page Views | 18,641 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Adverse Opinions Towards Buying Matterport3410

Dean private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Dan,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your welcoming email. My home base is in New York although I'm currently in California. I recognize the significant asset of the "We get around" forum and its great support system.

I have an entrepreneurial background in residential and commercial real estate sales and acquisitions as well as establishing an innovative commercial brokerage firm, which represents businesses for the sales, acquisition and divestiture of client properties. Additionally, I have some photography and tech abilities which will be helpful in the 3D VR industry.

I've consistently read about many disheartened Matterport members and how they've become much more out spoken about the actions or lack of actions of Matterport.

For example:
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/3402/matterport-are-going-to-regret-not-listening

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/3401/matterport-is-directly-sniping-my-clients

StevenHattan has his opinion about Matterport which may be true to some extent, however it does not give Matterport a free pass regarding other serious complaints. There may be an integrity issue among other problems with Matterport. My research has lead me to Matterport as being the current software leader as this complicates my decision making.

Regarding one of the complaints, I feel it would be an important step for Matterport to address in their new contracts with its service partners how they will not attempt to contact, sell or market to the clients of Matterport Service Partners or gather any information related to a Service Partners clients in any way what so ever.

I find this behavior completely unacceptable indicating an extreme lack of integrity. How can service providers build a business with confidence? I was about to purchase Matterport until I read these latest posts.

I learned of the solid support system in this forum. It's appears to be a lifeline for service partners as well for individuals considering purchasing Matterport.

Would I be able to get some feedback from you as well as from members? Some have explained or insinuated how they never would have joined knowing what they know today? The feedback will help me and other individuals with our decision making. I expected to purchase Matterport by December 16. Thank you Dan and members for your time.

Any guidance and advice is helpful.

All the Best,
Dean
Post 1 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dean,

Most all of the MSP's are of the mindset that if a competitor came out with a comprable product, we'd all jump ship in a heartbeat. Great camera, but lousy head of the company directing the sales team to sell to whomeever at whatever cost with no moral. They'll tell you they do, but not many of us actually believe them.....

Hopefully, this should tell you everything you need to know......
Post 2 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Dean

You are not alone, I know 3 others who have decided NOT to purchase cameras due to what they have read on this forum and I don't blamew them.

We as a company have had a relatively incident free time so far with Matterport, we are based in UK which helps protect us to some degree from their sales techniques towards MSP clients

If you have existing contacts in the real estate world then I think matterport is certainly a good add on service and the final product is unrivalled right now.

But if a competitor does come into the market get you life jacket at the ready!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Dean

Thank you for asking. I will by Friday (16 December 2016).

In the meantime, you might find this article helpful in your search. The author - @pcollart - does a deep-dive comparing five leading 3D/VR solutions in the real estate space; plus, additional info on 15 more 3D/VR solutions ...

Chart: Comparing Five 3D/VR Platforms

In the mean time, I hope other Members of the community post here about your question.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Thank you for your kind comments about the We Get Around Network Forum Community ...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Dan and Members,

Thank you again for your time and comments. Once again, based on my due diligence, this forum is a necessity for Service Partners. I will continue to read your posts.

I strongly believe most individuals would like to know who would "Service Providers" choose as a comparable competitor based strongly on their own due diligence and or experience.

Reviews can be biased.

The Chart: Comparing Five 3D/VR Platforms is certainly informative and well done although we do need supporting evidence from other individuals and their experiences when making such an important decision about who the best competitor is. This is valuable to members and parties interested in joining another company.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Dean
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dshowcaseuk
We as a company have had a relatively incident free time so far with Matterport, we are based in UK which helps protect us to some degree from their sales techniques towards MSP clients

I have heard some MSPs on this forum express their concerns with Matterport's acquisition of London-based 'Virtual Walkthrough' as being anti-competitive against them. Based on your statement, I would like to thank you for not taking this stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dshowcaseuk
If you have existing contacts in the real estate world then I think matterport is certainly a good add on service and the final product is unrivalled right now.

I think this is a very important point. Having existing contacts before you purchase ANY tool for offering services is VERY important.

If anyone is interested in getting into Matterport, why not setup a site and start to sell Matterport Tours? Join WGA and find some people who you can subcontract work out to. Use Dan's free sample tours to have a portfolio to get started with. If you find that you cannot sell tours, then do not buy a camera. If you can, it's time to get your own!
Post 6 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
@Dean,

I have been outspoken about Matterport and the shortcomings of the company and had a few telephone conversations with one of their employees and since then have seen some improvement.

They are making mistakes and do take business decisions that seems illogical but when looking back you see why they did what they did.

I was very upset when they blocked Metroplex360's third party apps but came to realise that they are in process of upgrading their software and processing and I do believe when the time is right they will allow the development of 3rd party apps and software.

I am happy with my camera and Matterport at this stage and my business is slowly growing. I'm one of 3 or 4 camera owners in my country and thus at the leading (bleeding) edge of the technology here and the Dollhouse is the deal making part as no other 3D solution can produce the same and my clients just love the fact that they can get a 3D model and look at it from any angle and see how the rooms/areas fits together.

It is a tough situation financial as I'm earning local currency and convert at about 14 to 1USD, so it's not as cheap as it would be for someone earning in USD but I have made peace with that. Bandwith is also much lower here and tours take a bit longer to load but we make the best with what we have.

A competitor must be able to lay golden eggs before I would consider jumping ship.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Post Deleted
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC3DCX
I was very upset when they blocked Metroplex360's third party apps but came to realise that they are in process of upgrading their software and processing and I do believe when the time is right they will allow the development of 3rd party apps and software.

I heart Matterport but don't believe that statement at all. The files are still there, just locked down. I personally believe that my projects are harmless. They recently disabled the private API for absolutely no reason...

I believe that Matterport have the right to remove access to assets/features that were not freely given.

I don't believe for one minute that it's due to upgrades etc. If my unauthorized experiments break, why would they care?

--

Anyway. I love my Matterport Camera too. I don't like their terms of service concerning allowing us to download our assets (cubes and generated floorplan). I don't like their silly copyright message at the bottom of my tours. But I overwhelmingly love a countless number of things that Matterport does well and I like -most- of the people working at Matterport that I have talked to.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@Dean You have to look at what the Matterport platform offers. It does benefit our business. And we firmly believe that it is the best "Immersive" Virtual Tour experience out there. That is why we offer it as a service.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101955 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?