Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 487 Unique Visitors
9,068 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,149 Page Views | 18,641 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport are going to regret not listening3402

ScanMan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm getting bored of giving feedback to Matterport and getting nothing in return. This could be a brilliant product with a much better future if only the company that owns it listened and acted on the feedback.

However where Matterport fail there is hope. Yesterday I was contacted by a developer who wants me to start testing their new product which is hopefully going to give Matterport a run for its money.

There are so so many failings with Matterports business model and Im really looking forward to the competition getting on the side of its customers rather than working against us like Matterport do.

Matterport really does deserve to fail in the bigger picture unless it adapts and adapts fast.
Post 1 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn´t agree more on that. The only reason I will go to the CES this year is to see if I can find a tiny little startup working in 3D images. There has to be someone out there developing the next big thing and hopefully it will be a better company.

Matterport has done very little for all of us and the pressure is growing.

The minute a comparable value proposition jumps to the scene, Matterport will experience the fastest client's stampede ever known in business history!
Post 2 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Ditto...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, remember how awesome CoreVR was and how happy we were when they rolled it out for free?

(I know it'll cost $ in the new year, but I predict that being short lived as it's hard to sell ala carte as its a gimmick).

How about the recent Firmware update that make things look better?

How about MatterTag Links?

What about the zoom in/out and the ability to change FOV in Workshop to take better captures?

--

We give feedback and Matterport has done quite a lot recently. With all the merited negativity, it's easy to quickly forget the platform improvements that have been tremendously well done.

Matterport aren't going to bend to our will and I am so thrilled about other technologies. When another platform out foxes Matterport, I'll be there. Until then, let's find ways for us to all grow as a community, selling more tours, etc.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
We all must realize that if another company comes out with something close to what Matterport is offering. Matterport will buy them out as they have done thus far. I remember two other companies that matterport bought out because they felt threatened. There's no two ways about this.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDImaging
We all must realize that if another company comes out with something close to what Matterport is offering. Matterport will buy them out as they have done thus far. I remember two other companies that matterport bought out because they felt threatened. There's no two ways about this.

What are the two companies?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
@ThreeDImaging Yes, what were their names? I told Matterport ... about the sentiment amoung MSP's on this forum and that most everyone would jump ship if a comprable product came out as the 'temperature' of MSP's was 103.5 degrees. I even spoke with their sales and told them that.... Sales told me, please could you send us the video email and we will get it to the higher ups. So, either Sales was putting the dummy in my mouth to pacify me or the higher ups really didnt give a crap as they never watched the video email (my open rate told me so)......... @metroplex, Yes, they may have made some updates to stuff, but how many items can you say that they changed as a direct result of something that we said that they should add or change? I mean, what they did to you after all your time and efforts into the great stuff you came up with as a 3rd party. It wouldnt be so bad if they replaced it with their version but to make yours go away and have nothing to replace it with......Discraceful. I must say, you have a lot of patience and tolerance after being kicked really hard in the Goolies....LOL
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@hometakes Do you know why I'm patient with Matterport? Because no matter what, they provide an amazing platform and camera system that my clients love that is bringing me a great revenue stream.

It's fine to say that when someone else brings a comparable product to market, we'll all jump ship -- but when is that going to happen?

Matterport is a pretty awesome product. I would love to publicly provide a Street View Conversion service -- but it's not going to make me stop using producing Matterport Tours.
Post 8 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 I like your previous picture better. haha.
Post 9 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
I don't remember the names of the two companies, but what I do remember is that one of the two companies was in UK. Matterport bought them out and allowed some of the company which did work for commercial properties to remain. They close down the residential part of Company.
Post 10 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
@ThreeDImaging

sounds like Autodesk, who has bought out virtually all the main 3D softwares and related tech in the market.
Post 11 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
The thoughts expressed here remind me of the proverbial business traveler who, at 30,000 feet in a jet flying over the Atlantic, is informed that WiFi is now available inflight.

He logs in successfully but 10 minutes later it temporarily stops working. "This is bullcrap and worthless" he exclaims quickly forgetting that he is in a jet flying across the ocean in a manner that men have dreamed of for ages while temporarily having access to all the information that humanity possesses.

Matterport is incredible technology and I'm convinced that the company itself is doing its best to balance the needs of its users while still pleasing its investors. They too need to make money and after using their technology for about 2 years now, I'm impressed with the changes they have made in that timespan.

Hey, stop complaining and just start using the technology to make money and grow your business!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@renderingspace. And by that measure, its ok to provide inflight wifi that doesnt work properly just because we once dreamed of flying? Er, no, I dont think so. I dont think anyone in their right mind doesnt think that the Matterport product isnt just absolutley Phenominal.

I think its their business model that they pissed about. And its their absolute crap responce time of support that they are pissed about. Its better to make a Fan of your product, not a customer. Fans buy your products and stick with you through thick and thin, because the company made you a Fan and to love them so you dont bitch when they make a mistake or two.

Lets ask this question on this forum. How many MSP's has Matterport made a fan of? And by that, I dont mean the product itself, I mean the love that they have felt from Matterport. I'd love to hear. I didnt feel any love when my camera broke and I told them so. Especially after knowing that they opened my email, read it, and then ignored it. 24 Hours later, still no response.

They had a oppurtunity to make me love them and make me a fan of them. All it would have taken was a response minutes after reading my email that they are on it like Flies on #$%@. Could have made me a fan right there. But Instead, here I am slating them on this forum....... So for anyone wondering why there are a lot of us that dont care for the way they run their business and are not too impressed, now you know.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ha. This last post isn't even worth responding to. Time drainer.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Im confused Steven, you did a thumbs up on the last post (mine).
Post 15 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterdays XKCD Comic from seems to fit us pretty well: http://xkcd.com/1770/

Post 16 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
My experience with Matterport has been nothing but stellar. They've responded to every single request I've had in a timely and professional way and they've added features that I've wished for and publicly expressed.

A few weeks ago I received a firmware promp which I later found out was dished to only a few Matterport Users. It caused my camera to pause for 90% of all scans to adjust for LED bulbs and yellowing. Scanning times increased dramatically. It seriously cramped my style so I contacted Matterport.

Their engineering department worked extra time on a weekend to fix the problem then roll out a custom firmware update for me. On the phone they said my camera would be "the fastest Matterport Camera in the World". Don't know if that's true but my scan time went from 50 seconds (originally) to 1:20 (with the bad firmware) to 40 seconds (current).

That's Good Service! I don't know what you guys are expecting but NEWS FLASH: Matterport isn't losing, you are.

Instead of whining about their product, look for ways to make yourself more marketable.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@renderingspace..... Well Bully for you. Aren't you the lucky one. So because you got great service that makes you right? A bunch of us have had bad service/experiences and that makes us whiners? Grow up!

I am busy with the product as I know how to make money. However, just because I am making money doesn't mean I can't give my opinion about what I see out there. I am a very positive person that surrounds myself with positive people. That doesn't mean though that positive people can't complain about anything, especially when they have a valid point.

I'll say sorry to all the MSP's (that have had valid gripes) that had to read your ignorant post here because "alls fine with you" that the rest should "shut up and get on with it". Forgive him, for I dont think that he knows what he said. He is still wet behind the ears a little judging by his photo and hasn't quite learned to think things through before he posts them.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
Guys, how is this helping us get anywhere?

If we start to fall out things can get out of hand and they already look to be.

Whether you had a good or bad experience with matter port, let's try to be respectful with our words to each other.

We all share a common interest at the end of the day and we need each other to make sure we make the right decisions going forward.

Yes, we are all business owners and none of us would have got anywhere without a little fight but let's not fight with each other.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@hometakes You said to start a post asking who Matterport has made FANS of. It's not a bad idea.

I'm certainly (certainly) a fan. Like Rendering Space said, he has had issueS, so have I. They (Matterport) were able to help.

In fact, I know you're not going to believe me...and I promised them I would not mention this because it sets the level too high but I can say it this way.

I had an issue last summer that could have REALLY hurt me. The guy I talked to at the company ON HIS OWN TIME (not getting paid for it) fixed the issue. I told him I was going to tell everyone on the forum what he did and he politely suggested that I didn't because everyone would want the same thing and they just couldn't do it.

Just the other day I posted a problem that my motor wasn't working and I was at the job site. They answered, suggested a solution and ten minutes later I was up and running.

Your concerns are COMPLETELY valid and your Forum idea is great. You get a thumbs up for this. :-)

You're probably still an [redacted] though. (haha...JOKES!!)
Post 20 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@Stevenhattan Yes, I can be the biggest @$$H*L3 when I am not treated right! LOL. Glad to here your a raving fan and that they have some. So then they need to rid the bad apples that are spoiling the good ones because its hurting them. I'd like nothing more than them to turn me around into a raving fan. Its not too late to straighten up and fly right for ALL of us. 😀
Post 21 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Glad you guys resolved this without Dan having to step in.
Post 22 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
It is amazing how one sees everything through the lens of one's own experiences.
With that said, it is safe to assume that when somebody complains about any issue, he/she does it on the premise that Matterport technology is great. Most of us will not be even here if we do not believe so.
What is, in all cases, completely out-of-place is the incapacity of disagreeing with any other member without making a condescending comment.
I don't REALLY intent to lecture anybody.
I love this forum, but I have the right to complain about some stuff once in a while right? (?)
Happy Holidays to all!
Gus
Inspirational Views
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I am a matterport product fan. NOT a company fan. I have as you all have seen so many issues with the company business model that it cannot be ignored!
Post 24 IP   flag post
101955 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?