Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasCapture AppProblemsScanning

New firmware update for Matterport Camera?2862

JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I have checked this morning and no update for me, hope its in the pipeline, as Im in a different time zone...

@Metroplex360 , wow, another great one, and definitely nice color,
Post 26 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360,
I am agreement with you. Based on the type of lighting and lack of natual light, I would have expected significant yellowing on the walls. Clearly there is an improvement in image processing. However, it does come at a cost. Can you estimate what the increase in time is in percentage? I know that this correction increases scan time from 40 seconds to 60-70 seconds, but that does not happen for every scan. It would be beneficial to see what the impact is per job,vice per scan.
Thanks,
Jon
Post 27 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ - On this tour, I did a few tricky things. I needed to have all doors leading to the patio CLOSED but have the back patio accessible. So I did some scanning tricks to make this possible which took a lot of trial and error. I did about 30 extra scans that failed. The total number of scans shot was about 240. For 30 seconds extra time each, that's 2 hours of additional scanning time for the home.

Now, I 100% believe that this is the best looking tour that I have ever shot - and I've shot around 160 so far.

So is it worth it? Yeah... but I hate scanning homes now I look forward to the updated updates that @Property3dNZ mentioned! If I can have the best of both worlds, then it's as if I got a NEW MODEL OF MATTERPORT CAMERA. That's how strongly I believe in the improvements!
Post 28 IP   flag post
jntooker private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 thanks for this. You've convinced me, I'm going to install the update now.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I just got the update to the update. My next scans are on Monday/Tuesday next week and I'll share how it goes.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Fingers crossed its faster!
Post 31 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
I've been hoping/looking for this firmware update and not received it to the best of my knowledge. My last two scans had a lot of yellow halos in them and I just did a hotel room that had the banding issue.

Can you guys confirm if there is an update that eliminates those two issues AND does so without causing significantly longer scan times? So far, I haven't had anyone else notice the halos until I point them out, but it causes me to not be as proud of my scans as I should be.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
The next scan I did was subcontracted, so I cannot share it here without permission, but it scanned at full speed and was the best looking thing I've done.

I did this yesterday, which was a ricidulously overcast day and it turned out quite nice -

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=kyYFtWVEZtX
Post 33 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticConcepts
I've been hoping/looking for this firmware update and not received it to the best of my knowledge. My last two scans had a lot of yellow halos in them and I just did a hotel room that had the banding issue.

Can you guys confirm if there is an update that eliminates those two issues AND does so without causing significantly longer scan times? So far, I haven't had anyone else notice the halos until I point them out, but it causes me to not be as proud of my scans as I should be.

Shoot beta@matterport.com an e-mail request.
Post 34 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
Cool! Just emailed the request. Thank You all!!! BTW, that scan looks amazing!!!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticConcepts
Cool! Just emailed the request. Thank You all!!! BTW, that scan looks amazing!!!

Thanks! I hope you get it. I wish I had a before / after set of scans because the new firmware eliminates the overly yellow look that some scans with warm lighting get. It's great!
Post 36 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi looks good. great update from MP. The scans are getting better with almost every update. The realy work on picture improvement.

What i don't understand is that losts of our MP friends are wondering if a scan takes 40 seconds or 60 seconds.
Good scanning takes time. Because i as a photograper can't do anything with the camera then let it spin a am realy glad that MP takes the time and effort so the scans get better and better. So please don't worry how long a scan takes. Think of a regular 360 Photographer. He needs to take 18 pics by hand on every position he puts the cam. So whats the problem if our scans take 20 seconds longer. I don't care and we usually do scans that exceed 150 positions.

Happy scanning
Grtz Rene.
Post 37 IP   flag post
101429 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?