Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugNewbiesScanning

Going through the walls2824

NestorSarmiento private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone! I´m trying to solve this, but just can´t get around it. The thing is that while being in one of the room of my model, I can see through the wall and walk right across it. And of course I don´t want this to happen. I´ve deleted some scan points in the Ipad app and re uploaded the model, but the issue goes to another room. What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advanced!

The model: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=fdQvieNwN2q
Post 1 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
It seems like an allignment problem caused by the direct sunlight. When the camera is placed in areas with lots of sunlight it confuses the infrared laser scanner and can create glitches like this.

I would do a rescan of both rooms early morning or late afternoon when no sunlight in the rooms, if possible.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@NestorSarmiento - I sent this over to Matterport as I was curious to see what they would think. I received a response 5 minutes later -- which is somewhat insanely awesome. They correlated what @JC3DCX said.

I will say that I think it would be nice if the Capture App would detect if a scan was problematic due to intense brightness.

Luckily, I think the solution for you would simply be to disable those problematic scans and your client would never know that this happened
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
If you need to maintain those scan points for navigation, then I would use the window marker along both sides of the wall that is problematic.
Post 4 IP   flag post
NestorSarmiento private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing! You all are the best. I´ll first try to delete the scan points and re process. I´ll get back to you with the update.

Thanks by a million!
Post 5 IP   flag post
101708 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?