Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

10 Tips for Matterport Inc to Succeed Faster2649

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport could succeed faster by:

1. New Sales Channel – empower 1,800 Matterport Pros in 73 countries to sell cameras. Instead of offering a $600 discount, give the Pro that sells a Camera $500 and the person that buys the Camera $100. This could easily be done with a Matterport dealer code using a third-party affiliate platform. When we (all) pitch our Matterport Service Provider business, we end up selling Cameras – and not being compensated for that.

2. Matterport Sales Team – change the role of Matterport Sales Team to helping Matterport Pros sell Cameras. (See #1 above)

3. 3rd Party Developer Solutions – Matterport should reverse its decision to ask Developers to take down Matterport to Google Street View solutions. MP2SV and MP2GSV will dramatically increase Matterport processing and hosting.

4. 3rd Party Developer Tools – Matterport should reverse its decision to break the (unofficial) API that resulted in disabling third-party tools such as MP2SQFT (square foot calculator); 2D Furniture Planner; and Matterpoint (point cloud generator).

5. Help Pros Succeed Faster – Bundle six months of We Get Around Referral Network Standard Membership with every camera purchased. (Kit Example) The faster Pros succeed, the more processing and hosting revenue for Matterport.

6. Co-Op Marketing – reimburse Matterport Pros for exhibit rental space at local trade shows

7. Reduce initiatives – For example, AEC requirements will be fighting for priority within the technology road map.

8. Third-Party Developer Advisory Board – Pay $25,000 to third-party developers of WP3D Models, MP2SV, MP2GSV and MP2VR – to acknowledge their pioneering work in the Matterport eco-system. Additionally, fly them to San Francisco to meet with the tech team for inspiration (and their input).

9. Be Transparent – It’s hard – actually impossible – for us to understand why Matterport has shutdown tools and solutions that add a huge amount of value to Matterport Service Providers. Perhaps if we understand why, we would be accepting of these decisions.

10. Do Not Compete – Do not compete with your clients by offering scanning services (Matterport announced)

What else? How else could Matterport Succeed Fast (and not at the expense of its clients)?
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Dan
I totally agree, the only thing I could think to add is along with all, I would still like them to host a user group conference for camera owners so under transparency we can meet them and talk with them face to face. The engineers can show use what is on the drawing board, not just talk about it in a blog and or webinar. Just my two cents.

Ron
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987

Yes. The perfect time/place will be IVRPA 2017. It's a great, international conference about 360º and VR. Google Street View has already announced that it will run its conference concurrent with IVRPA going forward.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I met the UK Matterport team (previously Virtual Walkthrough). With regards to point number 10, they did emphasize that they were not moving into the production sphere. The local Virtual Walkthrough team will continue to service existing client, but all incoming new business will be directed to local MSP´s.

Other than that I second all you suggestions.

On point number one, they could setup a credit system so when "I" sell a camera, my client gets a code and our accounts become linked. Any jobs they process, a % gets put into my account to use towards hosting or processing. This would be a great loyalty program.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like a very reasonable list and should grow Matterport into a household name and give all of us the support we need to be successful as well.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?