Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCamerasIndustry

Project tango?262

Canada private msg quote post Address this user
I heard project tango is hitting the market? Has anyone tried this out? What does it compare like to Matterport? It's only $500
Post 1 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
Google warns purchasers of this developer-aimed piece of hardware that it is, in fact, for developer, and not for the general public. As such, they suggest the following.

"Please be aware that the tablet is not a consumer-oriented device," said Google.

"These tablets are designed to enable software professionals to develop for the platform. The tablet has known issues and will receive regular updates which may modify the device's functionality as the platform evolves. By purchasing this device, you acknowledge you understand this risk."

It sounds like the platform for developing a Matterport-type system is what's being released.
Post 2 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
i started with project tango before Matterport and I think it will perhaps someday be able to make a 3d model that is superior to the Matterport one but at this point in time the software is not there. I doubt that project tango will ever be able to produce the high quality walkthrough views you get with Matterport because if the nature of the device without added hardware. I bought my first for 1100 and sold it for 1300. Might be worth it now and maybe there is more software. If anyone is looking for one I have access.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MarkFMB private msg quote post Address this user
FYI, Google just started selling the Project Tango devices to developers for "half price" $512(US) instead of $1024. I just ordered my second Project Tango at the lower price.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, received an email earlier today...not sure I see any use for us at the moment...
Post 5 IP   flag post
101704 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?