Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
immoviewer

Five New 3rd Party Solutions Announced Today2549

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Promoted Post

---

Here are five new 3rd party solutions that we announced today (Thursday, 1 September 2016) that can help you:

✓ get new business
✓ get more business from existing clients
make your competition irrelevant

Here are links to each of these Forum posts:

1. immoviewer: Create 3D/VR Tours with Ricoh Theta S within Minutes

2. Publish Matterport Spaces to Google Street View Conversion Service

3. Free! Matterport to Facebook Conversion Service (MP2FB)

4. Free! MSP 1-Sheets Customized with Your Contact Info and Logo

5. Save 40 Percent! MP2SV Matterport to Google Street View Service

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @DanSmigrod,
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't understand the difference between items 2 and 5. Can you explain it to me like I was a 4 year old?
Thanks,
Jon
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@JonJ

Once upon a time, there were two bears. Let call them Bear 2 and Bear 5.

For most of us, bears 2 and 5 look and sound the same.

But the bears are really different.

For example ...

... Bear 2, let's call him Howner ... enjoys long walks in the woods, honey for breakfast, lunch and dinner and to pay for his honey, offers to convert and publish your Matterport spaces to Google Maps.

... Bear 5, let's call him MP2SV ... enjoys long walks in the woods, honey for breakfast, lunch and dinner and to pay for his honey, offers to convert and publish your Matterport spaces to Google Maps.

Well, @JonJ, you might say, "I still don't understand. It sounds like these two bears offer the same services."

"You go to your Montessori pre-school with your friend Jane. You both enjoy honey. You both enjoy walking together on the play ground."

"Are you the same as Jane?"

"Of course not, we're completed two different kids."

"Well, you are both kids. What makes you different?"

"Please spend a day with each of us and you will see how completed different we are, even though it sounds like we are completely the same."

"Exactly!"

"So, then what makes the two bears so different?"

"I look forward to hearing that answer from you."

By the way, the demand was so great for the Matterport Spaces converted and published to Google Maps, that a really, really big bear - Big Foot - took notice and announced that he would offer the same service to pay for his honey."

"Oh, the poor bears. What will happen to them when Big Foot bear shows up?"

"No need to be concerned about these two bears. They are smart. And, they move quickly. And, in the mean time, you get your choice of which bear provides the features and services you like best."

"But, it sounds like they are providing the identical service?"

"Okay. So how will you know the answer to your question?"

"Why do you always answer a question with a question?"
Post 3 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
i am telling this story to my kids before bed tonight.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod,
Thanks for the imaginative explanation. I have 7 kids of my own and I don't think I could have told a better story if one of them had asked me!
Post 5 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@dansmigrod What's the deal here?

immoviewer: Create 3D/VR Tours with Ricoh Theta S within Minutes

When looking at the tours created in immoviewer, they are not in any way 3D or more precisely stereoscopic when viewing with a headset. The displayed photospheres are flat.

What am I missing? Or is immoviewer misusing 3D in its marketing to the unsuspecting masses that don't know any better?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@TrustedPhotoDC

3D = length x width x height = 360º spherical tour through a space created with a Ricoh Theta S and also viewable in VR.

No stereoscopic experience.

Since you are a 360º spherical Pro - using Pro gear - this solution will not appeal to you.

This IS an amazing solution for an appropriate audience.

Dan

P.S. I encourage you to look at the threads about MP to Google Street View and to Facebook. You will be excited about these solutions.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@dansmigrod

You are missing depth. LWH is for measuring the volume of a cube. There is no depth in these images and when you describe a 360 photosphere it would be 360 x 180 degrees.

I've done 3D photospheres with the Theta S, they are a work in progress, but it is possible to create.

I'd be careful of lending a good name to a bad cause that is adding to market confusion.

Chris

PS I have been building photospheres from MP images since April. Nothing new here to me. I wish these providers the best of luck.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Chris @TrustedPhotoDC

You say Potato. I say POtatÖ.

Please go beat-up the people that call a slideshow a virtual tour instead of the difference between 3D and 360º spherical photography.

Aside from the dollhouse and floor plan views, for the time being, the lines are blurring between solutions like Matterport and immoviewer, for example, both enable you to walk through a space.

["For the time-being" means that Matterport has not unleashed the mega-potential for the data capture that we are starting to see from third-party solution providers.]

As you know, I my Ricoh Theta S. Not because of the photo spheres and video it takes today - but because we (all) need six months experience with this camera as we wait for the 4th generation (likely in November 2016).

While it is super-easy to shoot 360º photos and videos with the Ricoh Theta S, the challenge is post production, sharing and more. That's why I keep advocating getting experience now with a Ricoh Theta S or (Samsung Gear 360) 1-click 360º photo video camera.

Please start a new thread about your experience building photospheres from MP images.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Dan @dansmigrod

Enjoy your POtatÖ.

Trust me, I bash crappy slide shows all the time when I see them or when they appear in my FB feed. Slide shows are not virtual tours as 2D photospheres are not 3D, but I digress.

Chris
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@TrustedPhotoDC After we talked, I feel that your excellent Street View examples are one of the best ways to easily show that not even Matterport can produce results like yours. I'm rather thrilled that you've been making Photospheres from Matterports -- hopefully you've had good results. Matterport > Theta
Post 11 IP   flag post
101636 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?