Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugProblemsScans

Yellow colored walls?2213

Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't yet updated to the newest software, but I have noticed yellow splotching on nearly every scan I've done, although not this bad. I assumed it was largely from color casting, although I couldn't figure out why it is always a yellow cast.

Matterport seems to be aware of the issue from reading their forum. But unless we can do a color balance or have the ability to remove color pollution (a daunting task for an entire house), I don't know how this could be entirely avoided.
Post 26 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
@Mikesobay when you say updated top newest software do you mean the workshop or is there a capture update?
Post 27 IP   flag post
@3Dwalkmethru I believe an update for the camera, but I'm only guessing. I get the notice only when the camera is on and I turn on the iPad, which I've been dismissing.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@Mikesobay have not seen this, but going to try it now ..
Post 29 IP   flag post
@3Dwalkmethru did you mean IOS update ot Matterport update?
Post 30 IP   flag post

@3Dwalkmethru It was a camera update. It may be an older one as it came up each time I was ready to work and I would dismiss it.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@Mikesobay thanks have not seen it so guess I'm running on current version.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
So i rescanned the problem unit. I changed all the bulbs to 40w as someone said to dim lights with dimmers to help. It did help somewhat but the areas that have no environmental light(bathrooms with no windows are still an issue. Matterport did reprocess the new scan but as i expected it was just desaturated. Some areas are better but bathrooms are still bad and in addition the collers are all muted. Here is the bathroom after reprocessing.
Post 33 IP   flag post
NKH_Controls private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if Matterport changed their process? I did this scan in April of this year, it had all the lights on and even has some yellow walls. I cringe to think what it would look like now to have it processed..

Post 34 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
The problem is the lightning in general.

In my opinion this could only be fixed by "daylight" (shot at another time) if natural sun lightning can be used (room must have a window) or by adding additional lightning (led with a filter) to the scene.

I have used something similar like this one with a "white filter": https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015YDPJWG?psc=1

You need about 3 ones and place them at your tripod.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
I agree Mori. I have one similar and All the tests I have done have worked well with it. In a small bathroom it does not give could coverage from floor to ceiling. Did a test today using a vertical LED strip light. Only had it facing into the bathroom and it did a good job. Unfortunately it is 110v so may be hard to hide cord in many instances. Was more to verify the process...now to refine it until Matterport releases the fix. I have been told they are close to a fix.
Post 36 IP   flag post
101421 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?