Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
WGAN-TV Live at 6:15 pm ET
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 587 Unique Visitors
9,131 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,642 Page Views | 16,215 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360REALSEEUrbanimmersiveVideo Tour

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ๐Ÿ“VR VIDEO Tours ?19896

WGAN
Fan Club
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
skyload300 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello guys,
Have anyone here tried to develop and sell VR videos (VR Video Tours) ?
I did a short test video a while back (video sample below)

while its not a new idea, I am still intrigued about the concept.

Pls share your thoughts and if you have latest updates on the matter.

Thanks
Hisham

()
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@skyload300

Thank you for sharing the 360 video.

For the benefit of others:

1. views as a 360 video correctly on my desktop
2. views incorrectly on my iPhone (looks like a equi-rectangular video)

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyload300
Hello guys,
Have anyone here tried to develop and sell VR videos (VR Video Tours) ?
I did a short test video a while back (video sample below)

while its not a new idea, I am still intrigued about the concept.

Pls share your thoughts and if you have latest updates on the matter.

Thanks
Hisham

()

@skyload300

Seems like there is an opportunity for 360 video, such as:

1. "street view" drive-by for a business (marketing video, construction progress)
2. "inside view" (marketing video - with agent narration - and construction progress)

Hisham, are you thinking about other use-cases?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@skyload300

In this WGAN-TV Podcast (below), we talk about including 360 video within the Urbanimmersive Ultra-Fast 3D Digital Twins App and 3D Video Fusion + Floor Plans.

WGAN-TV | How to Scan with Urbanimmersive Ultra-Fast 3D Digital Twins App and 3D Video Fusion + Floor Plans | Guests: Urbanimmersive Inc. President and CEO Ghislain Lemire and Urbanimmersive Inc. Executive Vice-President Franรงois-Hugues Liberge | Episode: 205 | Thursday, 26 October 2023 | @fhliberge

In this WGAN-TV Podcast (below), we talk about including 360 video within a REALSEE tour (example) below.

WGAN-TV | Intro to REALSEE Galois LiDAR Camera/Scanner and REALSEE 3D Digital Twin Hosting Service with Nick Powell Photography Founder and CEO Nick Powell | www.NickPowellPhotography.com | Thursday, 29 February 2024 | Episode #211 @Luona_REALSEE

Here's an example of 360 video within a REALSEE 3D digital twin by @Home3D.us:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Home3D
This episode will showcase a small condo that I captured with both the Pro 2 and Galois. You're right, that's not a fair comparison, but the Pro 2 was used as cost-saver for a client, upload to a classic account. But I'm not going to display the Matterport version tonight, just the Realsee version. At this location I tried out Realsee's phenomenal feature of placing a live presenter right into nodal scenes of the tour. You can do this to a number of nodes in a tour, so you could deliver a walkthrough where an agent or other person explains, as if there, features of a home, store, museum, etc. Really amazing.

Procedure is simple. Have your iPhone mounted on a separate tripod (I use a legged monopod) and make sure its lens is at the exact same height as the Galois lens. I recommend landscape orientation. Use the iPhone's wide-angle lens.

Capture a node. Then carefully set the Galois to the side and place the mounted iPhone's wide lens EXACTLY where the Galois' lens was when aimed in the direction where the presenter will stand. Hit record on the iPhone and record the scene. You'll get much better audio if you use a simple clip-on lav mic and a receiver that plugs into the iPhone. Nice rigs are the Rode Wireless Go but there are also very inexpensive units available on Amazon for about $35. I used one of these really cheap units in this test.

After the Realsee space is uploaded and processed, you open the Console on your desktop computer. Select the space, go to the correct node and there is an option to upload your video (after trimming it to the length you want). Realsee's AI goes to work aligning your video to the proper portion of the 360ยฐ node, softly blending the edges of the video with the 360 pano, and also balance-matching the color. It may not be 100% perfect, but it's over 95% which is amazing. The 'video+' tour comes back with special blue Video icons visible from any position in the tour with line-of-sight to the "video" nodes.

In this condo tour there are two video nodes, one in the living room, one in a bedroom. Would be nice if you had an attractive model to see come to life, but unfortunately you have just me. But the effect is the star anyway. In the bedroom scene I mention another bit of Realsee magic. They use AI to remove reflections of the camera in mirrors! Roam into the bathroom in this condo and look in the mirror. Reflection was there in a corner of the mirror, but it's erased.

Right now, the video portion of the 360ยฐ loops, so move to another node to get me to shut up. Realsee says they'll be adding an option to "loop" or "no loop" which would be kinder, especially when it's me on camera.

Keep in mind that making a tour for residential real estate with the live agent presenting would violate MLS rules, at least here in SoCal. But you build a tour, duplicate it, add the videos only to one version and thereby have both a Branded and Unbranded (no videos) version of the tour.

Confession, in the bedroom video I talk about AI erasing the camera, but the effect (right in the video) was created in my video clip before uploading. However what's demonstrated is true. Their erasing AI really works. The Galois camera was clearly visible in the corner of the bathroom mirror. If you look VERY close, you can see the faintest dark remnant where it was.

---

Think of both Urbanimmersive and REALSEE enabling 360 video within a 3D digital twin tour.

Best,

Dan

P.S. While the video inserted by @Home3D.us is 2D, it could have been with a 360 camera.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe also take a look at 3DVista.

There you will find plenty of crestive options to put together an attractive virtual tour with video content. This interactive website header is still one of my favorite creative concepts - made with 3DVista
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
skyload300 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod yes Dan, I was thinking of creating a video tour for resorts and large attractions, also trying to find another use for 360 Videos beyond a narration host.
Thanks for sharing Dan.

@MeshImages thanks for the link, I will check it out ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป
Post 6 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
@skyload300 as @Mashimage stated 3DVista can accomplish all your 360 video requirements but this is just the tip of the iceberg. With 3DVista you have unlimited possibilities to produce the most amazing content, you are only limited by your own creative skills. I suggest give it a try and judge for yourself how powerful this application is.
Post 7 IP   flag post
102936 7 7