Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 609 Unique Visitors
9,075 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,770 Page Views | 18,250 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceGoogle Street ViewGSVMatterportQuestions

How do I add Matterport Tour to Google Street View with levels?19719

Hasan_Akbas private msg quote post Address this user
Some of our customers have been asking me to add Matterport tours to GSV.

On February 1st, I added a 4-storey space to GSV. The floor names in Matterport are Floor1, Floor2, Floor3 and Floor4. However, floor levels and navigation arrows do not appear in GSV.

I then tried to add another matterport tour to GSV. This time I changed the floor names to 0 and 1. But again, navigation arrows and floor levels do not appear.

What should I do to make floor levels and navigation arrows look perfect in GSV? I looked at similar topics in the forum but couldn't find a solution.

Edit: When I insert these tours on the forum with a 3D tour link, the navigation arrows appear, but if I access these tours via Google Maps, they do not appear. Still, floor levels are not visible.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Has anyone uploaded a Matterport tour with Google Street View floor levels lately? Is there a problem caused by GSV?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Hasan_Akbas

Does this help?

- Can you do GSV on one floor of multi-floor commercial buildings?
- Multiple floors in GSV
- Best way to add multiple floors in Google Street View? Anyone?
-Matterport and Google Street View Examples

Best,

Dan

CC:

@Queen_City_3D
@Gladsmuir
@Wingman
@grmngrl
@Metroplex360
@pguerreiro
@Helen
@JoshMais
@bryanhscott
@Ros
@Home3D
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You need to rename your floors in your 3D tour to 2-3 letter designation that is used in your country for floors.

I use G0 for a ground floor and then L1 for a level 1, L2 for a level 2 etc. If it is a basement then it is B0, B1 etc. I am in Australia and this is what we use for levels.
I believe it should work for UK and USA may be but I do not know what it is called in Turkey. You will need to figure it out yourself. The easiest way to find out what is most used as floor designations is to check what they are called on elevators buttons.

After you rename them in your 3D tour delete the one published without an elevator from Maps and publish it to maps with these floor names. DO NOT try to update it with matterport publisher as Google does not allows any updates to be done on street view. After it is processed by Matterport you can rename them back in your 3D tour back to what you want to be shown in the 3d tour.

I have published a few multilevel tours to google maps both from Matterport(Pro2/Pro3) and Pano2VR(Pilot Era/Sony a7riV) and never had any problems with levels showing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Wingman Thank you for the answer. I reviewed the Matterport tours added to GSV in Turkey. Below is an example that someone else made in Turkey. He named the floor names as 0, 1 and 2. I want to do this too.

As I mentioned in the first message, I changed the floor names to 0 and 1 and added them to the GSV. However, floor names do not appear and some of the blue bubbles do not work.

Is there anything else I missed other than the floor names?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Hasan_Akbas

Does this help?

- Can you do GSV on one floor of multi-floor commercial buildings?
- Multiple floors in GSV
- Best way to add multiple floors in Google Street View? Anyone?
-Matterport and Google Street View Examples

Best,

Dan

CC:

@Queen_City_3D
@Gladsmuir
@Wingman
@grmngrl
@Metroplex360
@pguerreiro
@Helen
@JoshMais
@bryanhscott
@Ros
@Home3D

Actually, I have reviewed all the topics on this subject. I think there's something I'm missing
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: HOW TO POST TO GOOGLE STREET VIEW FROM MATTERPORT | Video courtesy of Weds Guru YouTube Channel | 9 May 20245

HOW TO POST TO GOOGLE STREET VIEW FROM MATTERPORT
1 Open my.matterport.com
2 Open Space you want to shift to street view
3 Select Add on in top tabs above space
4 Select google street view
5 Click Get
6 Select your google business listing by typing in name
7 Adjust Twin to yous actual space. Not necessary but good to do
8 Click Next
9 Add your google account
10 Review and Publish
11 Purchase and You are done
12 Thanks for watching

Source: Weds Guru YouTube Channel
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan_Akbas
@Wingman Thank you for the answer. I reviewed the Matterport tours added to GSV in Turkey. Below is an example that someone else made in Turkey. He named the floor names as 0, 1 and 2. I want to do this too.

I do not see anything that can stop you from using numbers only. I think I have one tour of a 3 level gym where floors are just called with numbers only, like in your example. I do not think Google validates much what is put for floor names and just dislikes long words for them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
102007 8 8