Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 661 Unique Visitors
9,066 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,099 Page Views | 18,938 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MatterportNodal NinjaPTGuiRealsee

Realsee Galois Lidar camera tests coming19624

WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, Dan. I have some work to do!

We Get Around Network (@DanSmigrod) has loaned Home3D.us a REALSEE Galois LiDAR Camera which I will be test-driving in the coming week. I will choose a site with both indoor and outdoor nodes and plan to create three tours: Realsee Galois 3D tour, Matterport Pro 3 tour, and also shoot the spaces with Sony a7iv (33mp) on Nodal Ninja (bracketed 3s) using Rokinon 12mm 2.8. The Ninja images will be processed in Lightroom, blended in SNS-HDR and stitched in PTGui Pro. I'm adding this version to compare image quality of the Galois 16mp pano export to the Nodal Ninja. Will use bracketed 3s as this is what I understand the Galois is currently capable of, though they've promised bracketed 5s by May, which should be better.

I'm really looking forward to this test and to sharing the results with the Forum. Also interested to test the capability of downloading Galois panos, retouching them and reinstalling to a tour, if that is possible. This was a capability of GeoCV years ago, was very helpful at times and I think I read somewhere that Realsee also can. Maybe I'm mistaken.

A sincere Thank You to Dan Smigrod, the We Get Around Network and especially Realsee for this opportunity. As I don't own a Galois (yet), I have no vested interest except my hope for great things from every company that is committed to the advancement of virtual tours.
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D I really look forward to your extensive test of all three cameras as well as the output of the Realsee pano's. Thank you Dan for loaning Kevin his team the camera to test.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D

Thank for offering to compare the following for the WGAN community:

1. REALSEE Galois LiDAR Camera and REALSEE Platform
2. Matterport Pro3 Camera and Matterport Platform
3. Sony a7iv (33mp) Mirrorless Camera on Nodal Ninja (bracketed 3s) using Rokinon 12mm 2.8 lens; and the Ninja images will be processed in Lightroom, blended in SNS-HDR and stitched in PTGui Pro.

You may want to consider a 4th test. If you shoot the 360s with the Sony a7iv (33mp) Camera on Nodal Ninja every 5-7 feet, you can upload these 360s to the REALSEE Platform (which will create a tour. While I could imagine that this workflow may not be necessary once REALSEE implements HDR with 5 brackets in May 2024, I could imagine that this workflow may be useful in lighting extremes (inside a dimly lit church with bright sun pouring in stained glass windows).

Your thoughts?

I am particularly interested in your workflow for:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Home3D
Also interested to test the capability of downloading [REALSEE] Galois [LiDAR Camera] panos, retouching them and reinstalling to a tour, if that is possible.

Yes. That workflow is one of the features for photographers versus using the REALSEE Console (what Matterport calls Workshop) filters feature. I included a video (below) for those interested in an easier and faster workflow.

Best,

Dan

P.S. @GarySnyder Thank you for your interest in this topic. And, super-glad that @Home3D offered to do this comparison test.

Video: Transform Your Virtual Tour with Realsee Console Filters! Tailor-Made for Your Unique Style! | Video courtesy of REALSEE YouTue Channel | 11 March 2024
Post 3 IP   flag post
101938 3 3