Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 704 Unique Visitors
9,066 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,029 Page Views | 18,947 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicePro3Pro3 ProblemsSwimming Pools

Matterport Pro 3 and swimming pools?19574

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if you still get the old black hole with the Pro 3 and swimming pools? If so, is there a way to avoid the black hole? I don't want a big black spot showing up in the final 3D model. I think I remember a post about this a long time ago and I believe somebody did the exterior scans with the theta??
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
And to be a little more specific, I plan on doing normal 3D scans on the exterior and the pool. I did not want to do 360s.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Benrk0385 private msg quote post Address this user
I remember the post too. Can’t remember the solution.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Benrk0385 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
DigitalTwin private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray

Is this WGAN Forum discussion that you are seeking?

How to make a swimming pool blue in your dollhouse with Pro3 camera?

Also ...

Wish List: Matterport Pro3 Camera

Includes a WGAN Member suggestion for Matterport to add a trim tool to mark swimming pools so that the dollhouse get filled in with "water" ...

Best,

Dan

P.S.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
So still not where we want it to be...does anyone know if I switch to the Ricoh for the exterior would it show the pool water blue then? I think that's what I recall from someone at one point. Dan not seeing anything in that linked post about someone using the Ricoh for exterior....for some reason that is what I remember being the answer. Has anyone tried this possible solution? Scanning interior with Pro3 and switching to Ricoh for exterior and pool?
Post 7 IP   flag post
JamesG private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray I don't have an answer to your question, but I did contact Matterport regarding this issue a week or two ago (forgot to add their replies to the prior post, but will do now):

Hi James,

Thanks for your message.

I completely understand your worry behind this, as you mentioned and as we are aware, there is no fix or "workaround" for the pools using the Pro3 at this moment, but once you have the model I'll send it to our Staff Software Engineer, Computer Vision and they will try their best to fill the pool (this can't be guaranteed but they will try their best).

Hi James,

Thanks for your message.

I understand your frustration, and I appreciate your perspective on this matter. However, I regret to inform you that I'm unable to provide a specific percentage regarding the likelihood of a resolution of the issue. Each model is unique, and providing an estimate could potentially mislead you, which is something I want to avoid.

That being said, I have observed similar cases where our engineering team successfully addressed this issue, resulting in a noticeable improvement, although not always achieving complete resolution. Rest assured, our management and product teams are actively involved in addressing this issue, and there is ongoing internal feedback to expedite the resolution process.

Additionally, I wanted to bring to your attention that there is a third-party company called MPEmbed.com that may offer a paid service to manually fill the pool. While I cannot endorse any specific service, this option may be worth exploring if you're seeking an alternative solution.

I understand that this situation is less than ideal, and I want to assure you that we are committed to finding a resolution as quickly as possible. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated as we work through this issue.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here to assist you in any way I can.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Anyone know anything regarding MPEmbed's capability of fixing our dollhouse pools?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
If MPEmbed is a 3rd party solution, I'm surprised mp hasn't shut them down as they have others.

So let's think about the Ricoh solution...I really think someone said this worked...I am going to be trying it unless something else comes up before then. But non Matterport data is in a Ricoh 360 vs a MP scan...i could see this possibly working??? Who knows. I will also look into this MPEmbed too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Eddi private msg quote post Address this user
@JamesG
But you can do that in most 3rd party overlay Matterport solutions.

@pixelray One of the founders of MPEmbed now works for Matterport. I think that might be a possible answer to your question.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
I have used a Z1 to scan out by pool to get it blue. You may have to start inside to get it aligned and work your way out to the pool.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
@skeeter that's what I thought I remember someone else saying. I'm gonna try that route first. Thank you!
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Eddi Thanks for the info/video regarding MPEmbed! Pool looks great- and the animation feature is super cool!

I assume I would need to pay a monthly subscription fee to MPEmbed to keep the tour active- is that correct? Or might it be possible to pay a one time fee to have the pool filled? (Not sure if you have these answers, but I thought I'd put them out there.)

@pixelray Good luck giving it a shot with the Z1! Please let us know how it goes.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Unless they have fixed it it won't work. It started with a Pro3 release(November 2022) when I was testing my new Pro3. Pool water in my pool was cloudy due to a lot of ash soda dumped in it. I did not even need to convert anything.. particles of soda in pool water were reflecting infrared light back so my minimap was showing water.

However after uploading all water was removed. When I complained to Matterport they told me I could see water on my minimap because I did not update the capture app. As explained by Matterport support I was not supposed to see pool water on my minimap as it should be removed from my processed tour anyway on purpose. Apparently Matterport thinks it is a lot of 3D data and it would slow tours if shown.
I updated my app and decided against doing pool water again, it just did not make sense as it would be removed by Matterport on purpose anyway.

Then about September last year(2023) they announced on MOUG that water in pools would be shown in 3d dollhouse if captured. I was selling my home and wanted to do it with a 3D tour. However water was clean and I had to do it with converting 360 views to scans. I captured pool water, I saw it filled my pool on a space minimap. However after processing it disappeared from my 3D dollhouse.

So I am not going to try doing it again unless somebody does it and shows us it works.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101945 15 15