Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 661 Unique Visitors
9,066 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,099 Page Views | 18,938 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DollhouseLargeQuestions

Large Warehouse Matterport Shoot: a few dollhouse questions19502

WGAN
Standard
New York City
jbsmoore private msg quote post Address this user
I have to produce a Matterport project for a very large warehouse.

The company wants a full dollhouse model of the building - but they only occupy about a third of the interior. I'm wondering if there will be issues producing a 3D model of the building if I can only access and shoot a limited amount of the interior.

Will it just display as a blank space inside? Has anyone had to deal with this issue before?

Here is an overhead image - I only have access to the diagrammed area.

Thanks!

John
Post 1 IP   flag post
Benrk0385 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve done warehouses, not quite as large as this, but yes, just scan the interior that you have access to and then work your way out and go around the entire building and the space that you didn’t scan will just show up as black.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Pro3 will get the job done for sure.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
Thanks Ben, I realize pro3 would be best, but I still use a pro2. I'm hoping that will suffice.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Absolutely. Sadly, my Pro2 doesn’t charge anymore. I’m waiting to pay to get it fixed by the matter fix guy. I’m sure you have experience using the Pro2 outside. In the past I’ve run into issues in direct sunlight. Not too sure how much the software upgrades over the years have improved its ability to scan outdoors as I’ve used the Pro3 for all outdoor jobs since I bought it. Take care and happy scanning good sir.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
Thanks - I have had issues in bright sunlight - I'm hoping for overcast - plus the fact that shooting between the building and trucks thee sgould be shadows.

Cheers!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@jbsmoore I've used both the Pro2 and Theta Z1 to capture inside then outside. You can also just consider shooting as soon as the sun comes up and then just before it's going down. That way you can avoid any sun but still have plenty of light. Good luck!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
Thanks, excellent suggestions. This building poses a special challenge as, because of it's size, it's going to take at least 240 panos to cover the periphery.
Post 8 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@jbsmoore have you considered renting a Pro3 for the job?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
Yes, unfortunately I don't own ione.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101938 10 10