Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
WGAN-TV Live at 6:15 pm ET
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 587 Unique Visitors
9,131 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,642 Page Views | 16,215 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro3ProblemsQuestions

failure of PRO3 mount: solution?19484

dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
We do a lot of scanning. I'm wondering if this is a one off that's just us or something a lot of people see. After a few hundred scans and placing the Pro3 camera on the mount and removing it from the mount the mount is now failing to fully open and release the camera. So the camera is "stuck" on the mount unless you work to get it to release. In trying to find a replacement Matterport referred me to Amazon. Amazon wait time before shipping is an estimated 4-6weeks and I think even that may be from the UK. Anyone else know a source for the mounts for Pro3s? Anyone else having a mount failure?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
Go to EBAY - $25 (less if you buy a quantity) each - about 6 to 10 days to receive.

Title: Matterport Quick Release Clamp Tripod Mount and Clutch
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
Also have had 2 failures - have 8 Pro 3s.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
We have a rental camera coming back with the mount stuck on it! Haven’t figured what exactly the problem with the mounts yet. My advice of for everyone to have a spare one Availible if possible. Only problem is you can’t buy them right now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Wow RKO1 thanks so much!

For me this didn't shop up searching for matterport on e-bay, only showed up when i typed in "matterport quick release clamp"

Matterport sales/support said "go find one on amazon" we did - 4 to 6 weeks delivery

We bought this pro3 from adorama as they had faster delivery at the time than matterport. We also bought their "adorama 4 year Protection Plan". So here is how I understand (think) this works - maybe wrong so confirm yourself.

Adorama sells plan....
Says - call this department if failure

The number is "Extend.com" which is a different multi vendor warranty programs company - you go through their approval process - what's wrong, proof of purchase, contract ID and such - if approved as a failure

Sends contact info to ship your product to PSR inc - consumer electronic repair (full package - camera, mount, tri-pod) for bad mount if they can't repair then

Shipping time plus 5 to 7 day eval, then

if they can't repair they look for availability to order then

they advise Extend of options then

Extend tells you what they are doing repair, replace, etc. then

Shipping time back

Bottom line looks to be no camera at least 30 days for a bad mount.

just an fyi on anyone thinking about a purchase there
Post 5 IP   flag post
We purchased 5 of the matterport pro3 mounts on ebay and now think they work better than our originals. No more errors with these. And at $25 each and availability in about 1.5 weeks are surprised and pleased. Thanks for the find on ebay!
Post 6 IP   flag post
102936 6 6