Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
WGAN-TV Live at 6:15 pm ET
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 587 Unique Visitors
9,131 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,642 Page Views | 16,215 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iPadPro3QuestionsTips

iPad Pro M1 (1 TB/16GB RAM) vs. iPad Pro M2 2022 (512 GB/8GB RAM)19444

3dscanindonesia private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Members,

we are facing a buying decision (for larger scans, 1000+ scan points):

iPad Pro M1, 3rd gen, (1 TB/16GB RAM) vs. iPad Pro M2 2022 (512 GB/8GB RAM) or (1 TB/16GB RAM)

What is the best bang for your $?

Any good reasons to go for a M2?

Your feedback is highly appreciated!

Best regards from Bali!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I have been happy with my M1 11" 1TB/16GB ram ~ I went with the 11" as I prefer the size
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@3dscanindonesia I would have to ask which camera are you using? My Ipad M1 was great with the Pro 2 camera. I found that once I upgraded to the Pro3 the Ipad with M2, 1TB and 16 GB worked better. I also agree with @lilnitsch I like the 11" size the best.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I would always go with the latest ipad Pro.
M2 1TB 16GB Ram

But the current latest iPad Pro is already almost 18 month in the market, therefore I would probably wait for the next generation release of iPad Pro with the M3 processor and a new design (centered camera in horizontal mode) - this release is rumored to be scheduled for March 2024.
Post 4 IP   flag post
3dscanindonesia private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch @ron0987 @MeshImages

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

We are using the Pro3 only.

Waiting for the next generation is a good idea as well. It is not announced officially yet, or?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@3dscanindonesia

Not announced yet. But, expected at the Apple Spring event (Speculated for March) Source (https://www.macrumors.com/guide/apple-event/)

March iPad Event

Apple is planning to introduce new iPad Pro models and a new set of iPad Air models in early 2024, and we could see them come out at a spring event. An event in March or April is typical for Apple, and this year's event could happen in March. Here's what we think we'll see:

OLED iPad Pro

Apple is working on redesigned iPad Pro models in 11.1- and 13-inch sizes, and a major update will include a new OLED display panel that will feature enhanced contrast for improved HDR, better colors, faster refresh rates, and greater power efficiency.

The iPad Pro models are expected to use Apple's M3 chip, and rumors suggest they'll be announced alongside an updated Magic Keyboard with an aluminum shell and a larger trackpad, plus a new Apple Pencil.

iPad Air

For the first time, Apple is planning on two iPad Air models. One will measure in at 10.9 inches, which is the current size, and the second, larger model will come in at 12.9 inches. The iPad Air lineup will mirror the iPad Pro lineup, but it won't have ProMotion or OLED display technology in order to distinguish it from the more expensive iPad Pro.
Post 6 IP   flag post
102936 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?