Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
WGAN-TV Live at 6:15 pm ET
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 587 Unique Visitors
9,131 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,642 Page Views | 16,215 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Gaussian SplattingLuma AINeRFQuestions

WOW! What 3D Tech is this?19123

aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone

https://eugene.nira.app/a/NQ13WxXSScejSMWmVjU_EA/1

I am not asking about the Nira platform to view dense 3d meshes.

but rather what do you think was used to create the 3D?
Its a dense 3d mesh with textures, 40milion triangles.

My guess is its NOT photogrammetry (based on knowing how much time typically is given to access these galleries)

I dont think Matterport Pro3 can even output such high quality objects in the space
(see that tripod on wheels vehicle thingy, its almost all black. photogrammetry would struggle with
that with such fine detail)

I do see some black and white markers on the floor-wall junctions
Post 1 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
I half wonder if its using a SLAM lidar scanner and walk around the place
Post 2 IP   flag post
chrisTofu private msg quote post Address this user
You should check out Gaussian Splatting, it's a new technique that does ultra realistic "3D" and IMO is even more compelling. https://gsplat.tech/1930-ford/ (just a demo on a random website, not associated with it). You are not confined to the viewport, hit the right mouse button and freely move in the scene.

These are made from ordinary camera videos/ photos in a similar process to photogrammetry.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, Gaussian splatting is in its infancy but is going to lead a revolution. And what a cool name!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
to be honest I could not open it, my desktop cannot handle it, everything lagging and it is not a nice experience. It may not be necessary detailed in 3D data and can be just quite a big space and it is its volume not level of details makes 40ml triangles.

I did not read a lot about "Gaussian splatting" but I believe it is similar to NeRF and it is not good for a 3D data. I have tried to make mesh from Luma AI capture, there is nothing to work with. However it was 3 months ago and they could do something better to use NeRF for a 3D data collection.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@chrisTofu this is pretty amazing I looked at the Hilltop church, lines are clean, vertical lines are clean. I wish this was available now. I also hope there is away to follow this developer.
Post 6 IP   flag post
chrisTofu private msg quote post Address this user
@wingman

> I did not read a lot about "Gaussian splatting" but I believe it is similar to NeRF and it is not good for a 3D data. I have tried to make mesh from Luma AI capture, there is nothing to work with. However it was 3 months ago and they could do something better to use NeRF for a 3D data collection

GS is fundamentally different from NERFS but both share the same downside when it comes to making a mesh out of them. GS is fundamentally just a fancy point cloud, whereas Nerfs are neural networks. You can easily stage 3D objects in GS though.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Google has picked up some keywords and offered me to watch this

Apparently those who are using Unity already can use Gaussian splatting in it. It is still not a point cloud as it is built from light streaks. They are not visible unless you move a camera close to them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
102936 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?