Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DollhouseDownloadQuestions

An alternative to download the Matterpak of the Matterport dollhouse?18666

PhilDark private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I have to download several dollhouses, and I am wondering if this could be done at a cheaper way than buying the (expensive) matterpack ? It seems to me that I have seen something around $10 / dollhouse, but I don't remember where.
Best regards, Philippe
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Home3ds upped it to $100. clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
The OBJ file can be generated from the dollhouse mesh of the showcase directly. It is a format converting from DAM to OBJ.
DAM is the private format of Matterport 3D mesh.

The one in the Matterpak has more detail than the dollhouse mesh that you can see in your browser window.

Which one do you need? High detail Matterpak version or on screen dollhouse version?

Matterport provided the download link of the OBJ file of your showcase before they released the Matterpak product to public many years ago.
Matterport said it was a technical insufficient reason that why they didn't provide the download link of the OBJ and the panoramas at that time.
But that technical insufficient had never been solved for more than 10 years.
And now if you do it yourself, you will break the term of services of Matterport.
That TOS stopped you getting your stuff legally.

So if someday you decided to quit Matterport system, you can just break the TOS by download all your stuffs before close your account with Matterport.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hello, thanks a lot for your very complete answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
The OBJ file can be generated from the dollhouse mesh of the showcase directly.

How do you generate / download it?
Best regards
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Has anybody actually tried to grab a dollhouse in 3d using renderdoc app and a Chrome in a special mode. I have had a lot of success doing it with google Maps in 3D(see picture attached with mesh collected from Maps in Brisbane City). If that render doc app is not built to work with Google Maps data only you may be able to get all mesh for a dollhouse for free.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have just tried to capture Matterport dollhouse from one of my tours in 3D. RenderDoc seems to capture it as I can see quite a big file in renderdoc 100MB in size and preview in RenderDoc for it. It saves it in rdc format without any problem however when I am trying to bring it to Blender 3D it says it cannot do it and says in notes adding it only works with Maps and Earth by Google.

I have found another guy trying to use something different than Google Maps and the same happens to him. I believe if a RenderDoc developer can make it working with any 3D viewer in a browser we should be able to capture Matterport dollhouse mesh.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
actually it is not RenderDoc problem, it is MapsModelsImporter add-on for blender 3D does not want to recognise data since it is not Google Maps data. I chipped in in one discussion for the add-on on github where one user asked for Matterport already. Nobody answered to them but I added my request to do the same to his thread. It may be very easy for the developer to fix but whether they do it or not I have no idea.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hello, I found a renderdoc to fbx converter, but I haven't tried it yet.
https://github.com/FXTD-ODYSSEY/renderdoc2fbx
Here a topic too : https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21379
And this unity asset converts a csv to an obj : https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/csvtoobj-178334
I am a Unity user, so I can try it if you provide a csv.

Best regards
Philippe
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@PhilDark It is a TOS problem, not matter how you get the data from your showcase.
Technically there always be a solution.
But TOS is not changed since you are a Matterport user.
Post 9 IP   flag post
You are right, JuMP. If the Dollhouse is used for a paid use, of course it makes sense to buy it to avoid any future issue. But sometimes it would be great to make some tests on the 3Dmodel before buying it. By the way, I am wondering if MP already cancelled an account because of a TOS violation?

10.3. Termination by Matterport. Matterport may terminate this Agreement (and cancel Your access to the Matterport Cloud or any component thereof) at any time if You have failed to pay any subscription fee or additional fees when due and failed to make such payment within thirty (30) days after receiving a reminder from Matterport in writing. Matterport may also terminate this Agreement (and cancel Your access to the Matterport Cloud or any component thereof) prior to the end of any Subscription Period if You have committed any other material breach of this Agreement and failed to cure such material breach within ten (10) days after receiving written notice of the breach from Matterport.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@PhilDark Yes, already.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101646 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?