Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingMatterport 2023 New PricingQuestionsSubscriptionVersus

Are Matterport Classic Plans still worth while?18657

aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
With the new prices, has anyone done any analysis to evaluate if Classic Plans are still worth while or not?

Especially since they cannot hold any Pro3 tours

(and I suppose MP will keep trying to engineer it such that classic plans become less attractive)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
The new price list is too complex and multi-dimensions.
Maybe we can ask ChatGPT to review Matterport's new price list compare to the old one, and then provide us a best solution to meet our individual requirement.
Post 2 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I have an enterprise account that’s very economical for 1400 tours and started a new account for pro3 shoots. Use pro2 when possible as the enterprise account is unlimited.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
if you still use a pro2 and have both classic and new plan old accounts you can process a tour on new plan and transfer to old to keep your tours in hosting counted as one no matter how big. And hosting per model is still about $0.5 per month on old plans.
So if matterport is not going to block transfer from new plans to old and you use a pro2 they are a few times cheaper to host without a number of scans for active nonsense.
Post 4 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
I agree that the new pricing structure is too complicated. I have only ever had a Classic plan and have no intention of buying the Pro3 camera for the reason we can't upload to the Classic plan.

It's a sneaky way for them to add another revenue stream and it's a slap in the face to us early adopters. It's disheartening to see a company prioritise profits over customer loyalty. I emailed Matterport directly and blasted them about this very issue. They don't care.

Back to the question "Are Matterport Classic Plans still worth while?"

I have no idea but I emailed Matterport asking them to determine which plan is the most economical based on my account and usage. I am still waiting on that response.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I have both classic and a new plan... i wouldn't give up my classic plan... there's still a tremendous value in it.

Tom Sparks Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks |
www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
The new price list is too complex and multi-dimensions.
Maybe we can ask ChatGPT to review Matterport's new price list compare to the old one, and then provide us a best solution to meet our individual requirement.

@JuMP

The chatbot above is:

1. powered by ChatGPT-4
2. trained on Matterport.com and Support.Matterport.com

I could imagine if you ask ChatGPT-4 above, it may say it is way too complex to compare the Matterport old/new/classic pricing and to post the question to the WGAN Forum

Try it! See what you get!

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?