Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicebugProblems

5 floors on capture app - 4 floors in Space!1860

3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

Yesterday we scanned a property laid out on 5 floors. We correctly placed each scan on the right floor (1 floor being the floor + all the stairs leading to the floor above).

I received the Space, and there are only 4 floors. The fifth is attached to the fourth. On each floor, it is like the 2 or 3 last scans in each of the stairs have been bumped up to the floor above.
I wrote to Matterport support about this, but I haven't heard back yet. My (new) client is eagerly waiting for his first Space!

Has this happened to you before? Should I duplicate and try to re-upload? I don't really know what to change in the capture app. I feel I did everything correctly.

Thanks in advance!
Matt
Post 1 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
This happens from time to time, matterport will tell you that the system is good at separating the spaces but sometimes it doesn't, and you should reprocess. What has worked for me in the past is to Duplicate the model, create trim marking on the level that you want to separate from each other, and reprocess.
Post 2 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
Hi @CarlosFHdz,

thanks for your reply. So you think the problem comes from the fact that I put trims on all floors BUT the 5th? That could be the reason (unlogical, but possible ).

I've just uploaded a duplicate. Will keep you posted.

thanks!
Matt
Post 3 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
The problem is that MP has to find a balance of when to create a new floor based on the distance from one to another.
Before, sunken living rooms were creating an additional floor, they changed it to where it's way better now at recognizing floors, but glitches do happen. I've had 2 models do this in the last 50 models.

Creating the trimming around the place to separate the floors has helped me in the past in all models except 1.
I had 1 model that didn't want to separate regardless of how many times I reprocessed or marked.

I hope it works for you.
Post 4 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
Ok, none of the 3 differents tests (trim, changing a few scans from 4th floors to 5th floor, and both) I re-submitted worked. Matterport support has still not replied.

That, along with the downgrade in quality (especially in the railings, and floor alignement), is really bothering me.

Anyway, I'll work with this one, and hopefully it will not have a negative impact on this (big new) client.

thanks for the help!
Matt
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I just did a property today (same as you Matt - big new client) that had 6 floors and sunken in living rooms on multiple levels and with separate sides of the home having separated floors (basically it had 2 first levels that were separated. I had to include the 2nd First Floor with the 2nd floor b/c of the way it was laid out. The stairs kept overlapping each other and it would cover up the area below it thus hiding it; so I ended up creating a new floor at each stair landing. CRAZY - It was nuts. I just uploaded...hoping for the best.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
So, mine turned out ok. BUT, it did take 6 levels and turn it into 4 on its own. Weird, but it works.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?