Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CGIVideo EditingWonder DynamicsWonder Studio

"Replace a real character with CGI" with Wonder Studio by Wonder Dynamics18461

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I know we are not filmmakers but most of us do videos and it may be a great tool to do them with CGI characters.

More details
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Great share, thanks for posting - I’ve just requested access to the closed beta.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Just got an email from them recently saying it is ready to be used. I went to check/try.

Although it looks like doing a project in low resolution should work without getting a paid subscription when you try to progress further it pops up a page with purchasing a plan. The cheapest one $16/month if you pay annually and $19/month if you pay monthly. I did not go ahead. I do not like an idea to subscribe & pay just to try it.

With my test I have uploaded a video from my son's birthday and I have gone through identifying models in my video. I have chosen my son in the video as the process finds all persons in the video. Then you select a CGI character from offered options to replace the chosen model. After that you suppose to go to some next stage of a project before rendering and that's where you have to subscribe.

Anyone wants to try it?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
This will blow your mind. And I do not mean an actual idea with a smoke person animation but actual workflow how to create a 3D character and make it move exactly as a real person. Done with a recorded video, Wonder Studio, Blender 3D and EmberGen.

Imagine how long it would take to animate a person with real life movements. Something like spinning around could take hours. Not anymore.

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
For those who has not watched the video yet EmberGen can be skipped as it is a just great simulator for smoke/explosion/fire. Blender 3D also comes with smoke simulation so if you want to repeat the same I guess you do not need to use EmberGen.

WonderStudio here plays the most import role.. I did not even know it could do it.. What it does is looking at your video where you can choose what characters movements you are tracking and instead of replacing these characters with other characters in 3D you can actually get a Mocap file with a person rig animated exactly as real characters move in the video. Then you open this file in Blender 3D get any 3D characters there and apply these rigs to them. That will make them all move exactly as real characters moving in your video. I cannot say it they have a facial impression rig but I am sure even if they are not now seeing, where it is going I am sure they will make it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I could not resist and paid for their lowest tier subscription.

Here is me playing with it and learning lessons. So far it is not going to be good when a person in a video is covered by something. Also some cloth can ruin rendering.

https://www.facebook.com/WingmanMediaAustralia/videos/670741854954333

There is a second video in comments with a single dancer on a street which looks better(no reflections corrected in shop glass windows.

And I have one more processing with a woman walking with a kid. For some reason I expect this one to be good. I will post it in comments under that post on my Facebook page.

Update: actually all were processed and posted on the link above while I was finishing this post.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101742 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?