Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceApple PencilGeariPadiPhoneQuestionsScanningVersus

Are there advantages to Matterport scanning with an iPad versus an iPhone?18427

rhelling private msg quote post Address this user
This might be a dumb question.

But I have done all my Matterport tours using an iPhone.

What’s the benefit of (outside of the obvious screen size difference) to scanning them on an iPad?
Post 1 IP   flag post
daslack private msg quote post Address this user
I use the Apple Pencil to mark my windows, mirrors and to make trims on the iPad. The pencil won’t work with the iPhone. Much easier.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Buster6070 private msg quote post Address this user
Depending on the model I would guess it affects scanning speed and size of space you're capable of scanning. I would assume your iPad has more RAM than your iPhone and will perform better, but check your devices specs. Whichever has a newer processer and more RAM is going to be your better choice. Here's a good article to reference with some helpful charts.

https://support.matterport.com/s/article/Mobile-Device-Performance-Factors?language=en_US
Post 3 IP   flag post
Vanaman06 private msg quote post Address this user
I have an iPhone 13 Pro and I recently bought a 1TB iPad Pro (2021 with M1 and 16GB ram) so I could have the extra RAM. I also needed a second device so I can scan and do data collection at the same time.

I don’t usually go over 300 scans but there was absolutely no difference in scanning speed using the iPad with a Pro3.

If you are going way above 300 scans your phone might slow down some.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by daslack
I use the Apple Pencil to mark my windows, mirrors and to make trims on the iPad. The pencil won’t work with the iPhone. Much easier.

oh great tip! i have never done this, i need to try it, thanks.
Tom Sparks
Post 5 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by daslack

That's it, I'm using the ipad from now on...
Post 6 IP   flag post
101739 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?