Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Classic PricingProblemsQuestionsTransfer Space

Matterport Transfer Issues to Classic Account (PRO2 Camera)....18385

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I just tried to perform a transfer to my Classic account... something I've literally done hundreds of times before.

Today, though, I got an error:

It says I've reached an Active Space Limit.

What gives? I pay for my overage EVERY. SINGLE. MONTH.

My legacy account allowed for 300 models and I paid for every 50 additional models.

I currently have 383 hosted models. Over the past I've had North of 600 sitting in that account, which I again PAID EXTRA for each month.

Has Matterport quietly changed something without an announcement?
Post 1 IP   flag post
BeyondFrontDoor private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have any issue with transferring and I have about 900+ models.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@BeyondFrontDoor Have you done any transferring today?
Post 3 IP   flag post
viewmyspace private msg quote post Address this user
I just made a transfer of a Pro 2 scan to my classic account from my New Pro account and it worked. It may have just been a temporary glitch.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Just tried, working on my side. I'm below 300 though, so that may make a difference.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone for weighing in... hopefully a temporary glitch on my account that fixes itself. I've got an appointment to run too so I'll try again in an hour or two.
Post 6 IP   flag post
KfromPoland private msg quote post Address this user
I have the same issue
Post 7 IP   flag post
@KfromPoland Let me know if it resolves itself for you.

There's 2 models I am getting the same error message on and I'm having them re-processed directly into the Classic Account which uses up 2 of the "free"/included monthly processing, but should cause them to show up there and I'll see if tomorrow brings changes with new models to process.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I asked in one of the Matterport groups if anyone else is experiencing this problem and so far 2 others have said it's happening to them too, so hopefully not some new short-sighted move by Matterport.

Weird though that it's affecting some people but not others.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
just make sure they are not over 100 scans are they are charged double and cannot be deducted from included in the plan free processing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Still can't transfer from New Account to a classic plan account
Post 11 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
I’m a bit confused on this now. K and Queen City. Still having an issue? I haven’t tried yet but will later today.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Yes, still cannot transfer to classic account. Does anyone have the same issue?
Post 13 IP   flag post
My current guess? Whatever classic account limit you had still works. But any "additional 50" stuff is either turned off or has a bug right now. Which would give a hard definition to the classic space. Probably only impacts those of us who are still very active with pro2 while also being over base limit of 300 or whatever your plan was at conversion.

Those under limit can then transfer no issue. Those over can't with a limit warning.
Post 14 IP   flag post
For me today each time I removed a space from classic it made my new active limit one less and couldn’t transfer in. Can someone check transferring into an account that is below their classic base limit? Say you have classic basic which is 100 and you have less than 100 in it….can you transfer in?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Did anyone contact to matterport about issue? Did they give any information before about that?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I was looking back at the Matterport announcement from years ago stating transfer to classic was ending. Seems like it would have this effect if implemented. I haven’t asked them directly yet.
Post 17 IP   flag post
FrankAZ private msg quote post Address this user
Hello fellow providers.

We have a classic plan with over 1500 active models and also can no longer transfer spaces into our classic plan. We called Matterport support and their team currently does not have a solution in place. Even if we wanted to "upgrade" our classic plan to a higher hosting plan, the max amount of models available for hosting would be 300. Above that you have to go into an enterprise plan which is not available until a sales consultant calls you to offer a custom quote. When I spoke with Matterport support today, they also seemed like they were frustrated and in the dark about this. The rep twice attempted to reach senior level support for help, but they stated no one was available to help them. They took down my name and number, I will update this thread if I receive a call back.

This was not well thought out by Matterport as they are now preventing us from offering their services.

Our current work around is 2 fold.

1: Transferring active models into an alternate new account and archiving anything we think a client may no longer be using. Since you cannot archive in a classic plan, at least this option doesn't force us to permanently delete models. This will lower our monthly costs on the classic plan, but will be a very time consuming process.

2: Temporarily scanning on the new account and bumping up our storage options as we go until we hit 300 and become forced into an enterprise plan.

It is doubtful that Matterport will reverse course on this decision. We were promised unlimited hosting for classic plans using the Pro2, but it looks like this is no longer going to be an option.

Hopefully we hear of some success stories from some other long term providers like ourselves.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Frank,

But classic plans are gone so any new account carries a much different price point right? A bit of a model change. Our situation is similar to yours. Way past classic limits.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I wonder if this has anything to do with the “new features “ update/release Dan thought was coming soon.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @dave3d
I wonder if this has anything to do with the “new features “ update/release Dan thought was coming soon.

@dave3d

Matterport did a scheduled maintenance update on Friday, 3 February 2023 that included:

1. buy.matterport.com
2. my.matterport.com

I could imagine a change to Matterport Classic pricing accounts was done then.

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
FrankAZ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3d
Frank,

But classic plans are gone so any new account carries a much different price point right? A bit of a model change. Our situation is similar to yours. Way past classic limits.

Hi Dave! Yes, that is correct. Classic plans are no longer available for purchase however many providers still run their entire matterport hosting through the orignal classic plan.
Post 22 IP   flag post
We combined multiple accounts, including classic, too. Looks like more Pro3 work and a different pricing/cost model going forward. Unless of course this is an unexpected glitch from the updates Dan referenced. I’d have expected an announcement if it was a planned change. Guess we’ll know shortly.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Highlands3D private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, I just tried to perform a transfer to my Classic account and got the same message too.

I’ve just re-uploaded the space directly to my classic account and will start over.

Interesting that it’s affecting some but not all users. Might suggest that MP hasn’t applied a universal change… but I guess we’ll need to wait and see
Post 24 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Is this only happening when you have maxed out your included hosted scans? or is this happening when you are under as well?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Highlands3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Jamie - It’s actually the first time I’ve seen the message.
I’m already past my ‘included’ hosting (Classic pro plan 200 spaces) and have been for years and pay extra for every 50 spaces above that quota. Sorry but I can’t say if it happens under that limit as it’s been a while since I was under 200 spaces.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
I have the same problem
Post 27 IP   flag post
BeyondFrontDoor private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a question...are any of you transferring a model originally created in a non classic hosting account to a classic account. Maybe this is what matterport is trying to shut down....the actual bypass of paying the $10/no processing fee beyond the allotted amount associated with creating 3d models .
Post 28 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
@BeyondFrontDoor

Good point. I just uploaded directly to that account. Seems to be working ok. We'll see what happens
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondFrontDoor
Here is a question...are any of you transferring a model originally created in a non classic hosting account to a classic account. Maybe this is what matterport is trying to shut down....the actual bypass of paying the $10/no processing fee beyond the allotted amount associated with creating 3d models .

So far, Yes... but it depends on who I would be accepting the model from, and I don't really have any control over what account other people who I used to subcontract have. So far I've tried to accept from someone with a new account and haven't been able to accept so I had to give them my details to upload directly to my account which then worked that way, but giving someone your login obviously isn't ideal. I haven't tried to accept a model from someone with a classic account yet.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101749 40 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?