Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 682 Unique Visitors
9,061 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,836 Page Views | 18,953 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro3Pro3 ProblemsPro4Questions

Any word from Matterport on Pro3 updates?18301

bwest360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I am still on the fence about buying the Pro3 due to reading all of the complaints in the forum.

Has Matterport the company given any updates on the product improving?

I am not trying to spend 6k to have issues. Maybe just wait another 3-6 months to get an update from them?

Curious to see in their earnings report next week how many Pro3s they have sold so far.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwest360
Hello,

I am still on the fence about buying the Pro3 due to reading all of the complaints in the forum. Has Matterport the company given any updates on the product improving? I am not trying to spend 6k to have issues. Maybe just wait another 3-6 months to get an update from them?

Curious to see in their earnings report next week how many Pro3s they have sold so far.

Thanks!

I've had my pro 3 for about a month after it came out and haven't had any issues related to the camera. I did have an issue related to the app crashing but matterport (and no I) think it might just be because my ipad is getting up there in age. but no issues with the camera (knock on wood)... and I did do the firmware update.

Tom Sparks | Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks |
www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @bwest360,
Like @SanYourSpace I’ve had a Pro3 from early on, and have updated the firmware so the camera is working perfectly.
I cannot foresee a Pro4 for some years to come, so any improvements will come from software updates that will be available to all Pro3 purchasers.
Getting ahead of the posse is, in my view, always a wise move.
Post 3 IP   flag post
bwest360 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. I am planning on purchasing the camera next week.

If anyone has a Chase Business account, sign up for the Chase Ink Business Card and get $750 cash back when you spend $6,000 in the first 3 months of signing up. If you sell an old Matterport for $1000, you already have $1750 to thrown towards the purchase.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @bwest360
Congratulations I wish you the best with your purchase.
Bearing in mind the fact that the market is flooded with Pro 2s for sale, and additionally Matterport have written down the value of their Pro 2 stocks by $50 million, suggesting lower values for pro2s in the future, folk may consider keeping their Pro 2.
It makes a great back up camera, something no photographer would have considered setting out on a job without in the past.
When DSLRs were first launched by Canon in 2000 I bought four, giving my assistant and myself back up units in addition to the main camera.
Just remember to put it in your diary to charge up the unit once a month.
The second Monday of the month avoids a number of Bank Holidays here in Europe.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101830 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?