Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness DevelopmentBusiness PlanRecurring RevenueTips

Charging Monthly Fees?18294

rhelling private msg quote post Address this user
I know this topic is likely out there...but I can't seem to find it.

How are some of dealing with the monthly hosting fee for Matterport models?
- Just providing 30 days of viewing?
- Build 90 days into the original fee?
- Charge client $10/mo for having the model viewable?

The real estate managers I've run into don't want monthly fees, when I stack a bunch of tours together I'm getting charged by Matterport some big dollars monthly. Just curious how some of you are dealing with that...looking for advice.
Post 1 IP   flag post
daslack private msg quote post Address this user
@rhelling I am on one of the new Matterport pricing plans. Are you on a Classic Plan? This is what I am offering to clients:

(Real Estate): 60 days of hosting is included with the scan. ****
$10 per month after 60 days.

(Business Customers): 90 days of hosting is included with the scan.
$15 per month after 90 days. $10 per month if paid annually.

**** If I had a real estate manager that hired me for any volume of work, I would most likely push the hosting out to 90 days or waive the cost all together.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
In my terms of service for residential real estate clients, I give 3 months free, after that its $xx/month per tour.

The price that I charge for my 3d virtual tours has some padding to accommodate those 3 months of hosting.

most houses we're shooting sell within a couple months so agents don't go past that.

for my commercial clients I dont give any months free and charge $xx/month per tour but do give volume discounts.

for short term rentals and everything else, I also don't give any months free and charge $xx/month per tour but its less than what i'd charge my commercial clients.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Buster6070 private msg quote post Address this user
You may ask you're top client's and see what they're average listing agreement is and base you're pricing off of that. That way when they're listing agreement expires so does you're Matterport. They'll likely sell the property in that time frame. Plus if they don't and manage to resign the client then it's easier for the agent to swallow additional cost.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I give 3-4 months for free depending on how big a job is and then prefer to charge annually but this is only because I do not want to chase every client every month for $15-20 monthly payment.
If fact it may be easy to do with creating recurring payments through PayPal/Square etc. I can probably can do it with my bank and taking a hosting fee from my client bank accounts too but I need to talk with my bank about how it is done and how much it would cost me to run.
Post 5 IP   flag post
rhelling private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman I've never liked charging clients "extras" or monthly fees. Typically all my work is lump sum, fixed fee. I like the idea of offering (90) days free - then charging maybe a 6mo or 12mo option to extend hosting.

(I might need to have a trigger that alerts me after ~85 days to inquire if they want to extend...)
Post 6 IP   flag post
101422 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?