Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,051 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MSPsPro3Pro3 ProblemsQuestionsVersus

What percent of MSPs will buy Pro3s?18092

dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Given the loss of classic hosting transfer and additional cost for the device what percent of pro2 owners will buy pro3s?

It will be interesting to see. Will some drop out of MSP-dom?

Get out your crystal ball….. How well can you predict the future?

Effect on Mttr stock?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure but I noticed today while scanning in a joint project with another MSP that my pro2 scans could not be combined with a space that was started with my BLK 360 until a pro3 scan (my counterpart’s device) was made.

If I can’t use the pro2 together with the Leica anymore that may change my way of scanning.

If this was an intentional change of the capture app I must say it’s a bit unfair. I spent good money on my two pro2s and Leica. If I can’t use them together I don’t mind throwing the pro 2s away and using a different platform.

The pro2 still delivers some of the easiest to get 16k 360s on the market. It only lacks in its 3D abilities. The G1 Leica BLK is still miles better in this department than the pro3 but has an awful camera.

For someone wanting to level up from a pro2 for sure get the pro3, but for someone already doing large scale precision work the change is a big disadvantage. For a person like that I recommend shopping around for another platform.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I have hesitations with both plan support and with camera gremlins. I still am hearing issues along the lines of "unable to scan" errors, issues with the camera mounting system being unstable, & the Dollhouse on the Pro3 is garbage compared to the Pro2. I primarily shoot residential jobs and the Dollhouse and measuring tools are kinda the showstoppers for the "Why Matterport"
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
With the complete new design of the Pro3, I think, that it´ll take Matterport probably one year to work out the early bugs and defects.

Until then you need to carry an additional Pro2 as backup when you hire for an important (large) job. For small jobs you won´t need a Pro3, as it does not bring big advantages in "busy" residential spaces.

Taking into account, that other platforms like 3DVista are now also supporting 3D and soon "dollhouse-like" transitions, I´m not positive for the short-term MTTR stock development.

But don´t get me wrong. From a technical viewpoint Matterport is still the gold standard for cost effective reality capturing. An awesome 3D software and immersive visualisation and communication platform.

But they probably need a change in the strategic perspective. The platform lock-in with expensive hosting won´t work for ever. The capturing and visualisation technology is developing too fast (NeRF and AI). In a couple of months you will be able to render out Matterport tours from a Matterpak and some snapshots to selfhosted solutions. You won´t need to host with Matterport.

Until now I have only invested in two extra batteries for the Pro3. And still I´m not sure, if I will make the investment into the Pro3 camera or rent it or even switch platforms to one of the selfhosted solutions.
Post 4 IP   flag post
We often combined pro2 and blk scans but I haven’t tried pro3 to blk as the pro3 is used where we used the blk if no measurements needed. Surprising Matterport would require adding a pro3 scan. We usually started pro2 and added blk. So you’re saying the blk combined with pro2 doesn’t work? Did you try starting with a pro2 and adding blk? Now you’re making me nervous
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
I’m on a job site and using pro 2 with BLK are you saying it’s not going to work
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
I spent an hour trying today. First just swapping camera at various spots and then taking extra data with the BLK then swapping. Finally importing BLK data to a space only (re)taken with a pro2. None of this worked. Lastly my counterpart did one spot on top of a BLK scan with a pro3 then the pro2 scans started working.

I had this problem last summer once but I put it down to the heat affecting the equipment. This time the pro 3 seemed to be the key.

I have no idea but I think it’s an app update and I hope it was not intentional.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 8 IP   flag post
As a funny followup to this post....

There are now 51 listings for Pro2 cameras on ebay.

gee....wonder why...
Post 9 IP   flag post
101628 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?