Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AirbnbHomeAwayMLSNewsVRBO

Airbnb and matterport updates? Anyone?18075

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like it has been over a year since I've heard anything. I've got a client wanting to do a lot of matterport tours if they can be added to Airbnb. Are we still having to use the same work around and embed QR codes or shortened URL codes in the description Verbiage without hyperlinks where people have to copy and paste the address?
Post 1 IP   flag post
selder76 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm with you on this. A huge failure by Air BNB to not allow integration of something so simple.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
I was really hoping we have had some movement on this issue. Completely ridiculous.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelray
Seems like it has been over a year since I've heard anything. I've got a client wanting to do a lot of matterport tours if they can be added to Airbnb. Are we still having to use the same work around and embed QR codes or shortened URL codes in the description Verbiage without hyperlinks where people have to copy and paste the address?

It may work for few but won't work for most. If the link or code is found it will be deleted. AirBnb does not want virtual tours as it seems to be too hard for them checking each tour for hidden host details. They are simply protecting their business trying not to give their hosts tools to avoid paying fees to AirBnb.

They could however certify photographers and make them responsible for not capturing anything that shows host details in a tour. And they do they just loose their ability to do tours for AirBnb.

I offered it to AirBnb almost two years ago but not even a single reply after their initial response that they will pass it to their management.

Matterport is doing some work for them for identifying disability features for properties going through their AI through photos. May be they can offer it to be done the same way.

Or somebody else can try to offer them a solution. I am sure it is not about implementing tours on a website.. that is easy part but they won't do it until their are 100% sure they will get their fees. from hosts.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
@wingman - that makes sense...but disabling the contact fields should be an easy thing to do.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelray
@wingman - that makes sense...but disabling the contact fields should be an easy thing to do.

I mean a host can put a sign with their phone number on a table and a captured 360 photo near a table can show it. If AirBnb allows tours they will have to look through each 360 photo in a tour rotating and tilting each to spot it. They obviously have no desire or capacity to do it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
At least a solution similar to the Upload to Google Streeview function should be possible and solve many of the constraints.

Any other hospitality options in the market?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
At least a solution similar to the Upload to Google Streeview function should be possible and solve many of the constraints.

I think my solution with certifying photographers and making them responsible will be the best option for AirBnb. If a certified photographer wants to get more jobs for AirBnb they will make sure they are not capturing any host details.

However reaching management at AirBnb who is willing to listen to it is probably the same as trying to reach Bill Gates.
If anybody has access to anyone at AirBnb who can pass it to the right person there we can make it work.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray

Not your question, but ...

This WGAN Forum discussion is from 4 years ago:

=> How to Publish 360º Tour to VRBO and HomeAway via Matterport Workshop V3.0

Are VRBO and HomeAway an option for you?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Seestvaates private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn't the MLS compliant virtual tour link be a solution for this? It is designed for this, isn't it?

Sorry if I am wrong, I don't really know what MLS links are for other than this - removing links and contacts of the seller and mattertags and anything extra, so that tour viewers would stay on their real estate selling platform. In my European market these websites don't care about MLS links, just a regular embed will do.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seestvaates
Couldn't the MLS compliant virtual tour link be a solution for this? It is designed for this, isn't it?

No, it cannot work because we are talking about photographing contact details to show them somewhere inside a tour. For example a host can print their details on a piece of paper and stick it at an entrance of their property or put it on a kitchen benchtop before a photographer captures it. Sure AirBnb can see it inspecting a tour for a listing but they still need to go through the whole tour and inspect in full each 360 just to find something like this.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Seestvaates private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seestvaates

No, it cannot work because we are talking about photographing contact details to show them somewhere inside a tour.

Yes, I understand, I already read through your previous comments. But MLS real estate links have the same weakness, don't they? If it is good enough for real estate web platforms then I figured it could be good enough for Airbnb too.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport tour courtesy of Treehouse Owner Peter Bahouth via Matterport

Matterport Blog (11 May 2023) Reconnect with mother nature at Airbnb’s most popular treehouse | Marvel at the wonder of the wilderness on a tour through Peter Bahouth’s whimsical home away from home.

Available to rent through Airbnb, its listing — which gets 300,00 hits a month — is innocuously called “Secluded Intown Treehouse.” Doesn’t sound like anything too spectacular, right? Well, the 23-year-old structure has been featured in over 300 articles and TV shows. Spending a night at the home comes with a hefty price tag of $375, and you have to wait at least a year to secure a spot. In fact, it’s on over 150,000 people’s Airbnb wishlist!

Because the treehouse has different spaces connected by bridges, it's hard to capture using conventional 2D still photography, as a photo will only show a small portion of the space. The [Matterport] 3D capture allows for virtual visitors to get a sense of the decor’s variety and how the entire space functions.

Source: Matterport Blog

Perhaps I am missing something, but I do not see the Matterport tour included in the Airbnb listing.

Do you?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I'd assume that Matterport and Airbnb have had negotiations in the past.

For what it is worth, we have done a few Matterports THRU Scan Services that were for Airbnbs with handicapped access features.

It occurs to me that a host could post a photo of a QR code with the words, 3D tour available here. What Airbnb might do I don't know.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
This is an older post but I will add my two cents. Two workarounds I found is to create a QR code for the tour and have the home owner include it in with their photos. I added text at the the bottom of code that stated "Virtual Tour". The other way is have the owner put the URL in the description of the property using some creative writing such as using the word dot instead of the symbol and not putting in the www. Airbnb may catch it at some point but I haven't heard from my customers that they had any issues.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101729 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?