Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Online ServicesQuestionsSoftwareTools

What Software/Online Services do you use? (Here's a List too)18068

Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
I’m just curious what software and online services that everyone uses to get your projects done. Hopefully, this can help recommend software ideas to each other.

Matterport (this is a given I guess)

Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription:
Photoshop - For modifying photos
Acrobat Pro
Fresco iOS - On-site sketches

AutoCAD - As-built Documentation
Revit - As-built BIM Documentation
Recap - Pointclouds

MetaShape - Photogrammetry

Cloudcompare - OPEN SOURCE, A must have for pointclouds

GIMP - OPEN SOURCE Alternative to Photoshop

Bulk Rename Utility - Available in the Microsoft Store

Imagemagick - OPEN SOURCE image manipulation from the command line. I use it for batch image processing.

3D Studio Max - for 3DS files in Matterpak/renderings/animations

Blender - for 3DS files in Matterpak/renderings/animations

Potree - OPEN SOURCE, for poincloud hosting on your website.

Google Earth SDK - OPEN SOURCE, for 360 and map hosting on your website.

Microsoft 365: Office Subscription

Dropbox - Transfer Files

Linode - Virtual Server for Hosting

Square - Get paid fast

Adobe Creative Cloud - Subscription

VR:
Oculus Quest Headset - Matterport VR, Potree VR

Masterpiece Pro - For pointcloud and 3DS imports in VR (PCVR runs on a gaming machine not the Quest)

Virtual VR Desktop - Allows you to do view L/R stereo images in Cloudcompare and Blender

Edit:
Grasshopper - Virtual phone system and call routing
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have a ton of it from testing but I would list only those I am using or planning to use. Some are new versions and do not work as expected but I hope it is going to be fixed.

Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription: Only use Lightroom most of the time, barely Photoshop.

PtGui Pro: stitching and merging HDR.
Pano2VR Pro: for working with Google Maps tours or creating custom self hosted tours.

Photomatix Pro: sometimes use it for normal photos to merge bracketed shoots.

Office Org: free alternative to MS Office. I have been using it for years

Corel Draw: this was actually purchased for my laser cutting business almost 20 years ago. However it helps a lot for my own graphic design and making clients nadir logos.

Blender 3D: I am planning to get to some intermediate level but so far I can do only basic things in it.

Google Earth Pro: from checking and measuring a customer space finding correct location data.

ChatGPT: started using it about a week ago and like it a lot for creating small articles blog posts and even proposals. And it can write python scripts for Blender too.

Midjorney AI: AI generated images. So far it is only for personal pleasure but I may use AI imagination to generate an image for me so I can create the same in 3D.

Luma AI: again, only for personal use for now but it cam make a 3D from a video.

I have also purchased a monthly access to World Creator 3. I like what it can do with designing a landscape but so far I cannot understand their version 3 of this software. It has a lot of functionality cut off from version 2(you will get it with lifetime purchase but not with monthly subscription). So far it seems there is no way to capture as am image what you have created but you can import it to blenders as mesh and maps.

Bluemail: for accessing e-mail accounts from different providers

There is probably much more especially with iPad and Android apps but at least those above are on my desktops and are frequently used.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I´m working on two operating systems - Windows machines in the studio and MacOS and iOS devices at home and in the field.

File Management and File Transfer:
My Dropbox Pro subscription runs on all systems - perfect for multi-platform.
My current image management system is Excire Foto, a local AI powered foto management software.
My bookmark manager is RaindropIO - one of my most important tools to organise online knowledge with tags (similar to Dans forum). I have more than 2.500 bookmarks organised with it.

Image Editing:
I switched from photoshop to the Affinity Suite Version 2.0, which runs on Windows, MacOS and iPadOS with one single license.
Furthermore I´m using the Topaz Applications (Gigapixel, Sharpen Denoise etc.).
I´m also using JPEG Mini Pro for file size reduction (Foto and Video).
Aurora HDR is good for HDR bracketing and I have Luminar Neo, but I don´t think, that I´ll further invest in it due to the great possibilities of upcoming Online AI Editing tools and platforms.

Video
I´m not good at video, but Filmora Wondershare is so easy to use, that even I can create some clips.

Virtual Tours and Panorama Editing
I´m using 3DVista as my go-to main self-hosted virtual tour builder, but I have also licences for Pano2VR, Object2VR and KRPano. My investment in PTGui Pro Stitcher is worth every cent. And I also have an old Kuula Pro subscription at 99 USD per year which is very handy for embedding 360s into Mattertags or to build small Pano2Pano tours. Pano2VR has some good transformation tools built in, that I´m using regularly.

3D Tools
There is many. We used to work on Autodesk, but we have now completely switched to Blender and to Unreal Engine. I´m learning Blender with this udemy course and I will then continue with this one. I used to work with Freelancers for all 3D jobs, but I now want to be able to do some regular jobs myself as 3DVista has integrated native 3D.
I´m using Rapidcompact online service for file size reductions.
Furthermore Metashape, Meshmixer and Meshlab and also Blender for Photogrammetry and pointclouds.
My favorite iOS capturing tools are LumaAI, Polycam, TrnioPlus, Metascan and EveryPoint with Polycam and LumaAI being my current favorites.

Website
I´m running on Shopify, which is an absolutely awesome platform.

I could probably continue this list for another page or two with all the small tools, that make my daily work more productive or the office and communication tools, that I´m using, but I´ll end this post here and give others the chance to join in at this point
Post 3 IP   flag post
101435 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?