Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LabpanoLabpano PilotPanoPilot EraPilot One EEQuestionsVersus

'College Student Question: Best Labpano Street View Camera?'17983

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Short Story Pisoftech’s Jeffrey Martin at the 2019 Google Street View Summit on The Pilot Era 360 Camera for Google Street View (Wednesday, 25 September 2019)

Video: Pilot Era is a new 360º 1-Click Camera from Pisofttech | Video courtesy of Michael Kolchesky YouTube Channel [3 Years ago]

[Buy via: Labpano | Amazon]

Image courtesy of Labpano

#Labpano #PilotPano Introducing the Versatile 360° AI Camera PilotPano | Video courtesy of Labpano YouTube Channel | 10 November 2022

Video: New! Labpano PilotPano: a Versatile 360 AI Camera with 3.1-inch Touchscreen | Video courtesy of www.WGAN-TV.com | Thursday, 10 November 2022

WGAN Forum Podcast | Episode Number: 153

'College Student Question: Best Labpano Street View Camera?'

Hi All,

I received this email this morning (19 December 2022):

---

College Student Question: Best Street View Camera?

Hello,

My name is [redacted] and I am a student at [redacted]. I am in the process of deciding whether to buy the Labpano Pilot [One] EE Camera or the Labpano Pilot Era Camera.

I wanted to use the camera for a Google Street View project that will probably be 100+ miles in terms of distance. Hence, I would need a camera that is Google Street View ready where I could upload from the camera straight into Google Street View with minimal processing time.

What would you recommend?

I am looking for your advice due to your extensive and impressive experience. What are the major differences between the Labpano Pilot [One] EE Camera of the Labpano Pilot Era Camera?

Looking forward to your responses

[name redacted]

---

Good morning, [redacted] and thank you for reaching out.

Labpano has three Google Street View ready cameras (that you can published to Google Street View directly from the Labpano camera:

1. Labpano PilotPano Camera
2. Labpano Pilot One EE Camera
3. Labpano Pilot Era Camera

Answer

Labpano Pilot Era Camera because your requirements include 100+ miles:

1. swappable battery
2. likely being discontinued (and thus selling at less than 1/3 original price on Amazon) [Related: WGAN Pilot Era Pricing Discussion]
3. designed for day-long Google Street View capture/publishing

I use the Labpano Pilot One EE, but it is not designed for day-long Google Street View capture because the battery is built in.

Labpano recently on 10 November 2022:

New! Labpano PilotPano: a Versatile 360 AI Camera with 3.1-inch Touchscreen

(Amazon shows that the Labpano PilotPano Camera begins shipping 20-25 January 2023. It does offer swappable battery. And, it is aggressively/attractively priced, It may be worth comparing this camera's specs to the Labpano Pilot Era and in context of your needs: particularly if you only need the Google Street View capture for one project.

You may find this WGAN Forum post helpful:

How to Create Google Street View Blue-Line Map Updates with a Pilot One EE

Please let me know which Labpano Camera you decide to buy (and why) and an example of your Google Street View "blue line" creation.

Happy holidays,

Dan

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Labpano | Pilot ONE | Pilot ONE EE | Pilot Era | Google Street View | GSV

---

[Buy via: Labpano | Amazon]
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The student emailed me (10 January 2023):

---

I decided to go for the Pilot Era Camera because of its interchangeable battery and its 8K filming capability. Thanks so much for your kind and thoughtful response. All the best

---

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
101432 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?