Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro3ProblemsTroubleWarning

Matterport Pro3 Camera stop spinning issue?17945

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport Pro 3 stop spinning issue | Video courtesy of Premier Images YouTube Channel | 12 December 2022

Hi All,

Have you experienced this "Matterport Pro3 Camera stop spinning issue" as shown in the video above?

I wonder if it is related to:

Warning: Matterport Pro3 Camera | A HEX Nut May Need to be Tightened

Dan

---

Matterport Pro3 Camera | Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit | WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport)

WGAN-TV Podcast Play List: Pro3 | WGAN Forum Playlist: Pro3

WGAN Forum Discussion: WGAN Cheat Sheet: Cost Worksheet for Matterport Pro3 Camera

Join the WGAN List | Join WGAN Forum

Matterport Pro3 Camera | Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit
Post 1 IP   flag post
Benrk0385 private msg quote post Address this user
I have experienced this issue and I’m very close to returning my Pro 3. It hasn’t happened yet, but as soon as it does I’m going to return it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benrk0385
I have experienced this issue and I’m very close to returning my Pro 3. It hasn’t happened yet, but as soon as it does I’m going to return it.

@Benrk0385

Ugh!

Is it HEX nut related?

Warning: Matterport Pro3 Camera | A HEX Nut May Need to be Tightened

Can you reach out to Matterport Support and see:

1. If they know what is causing this problem?
2. If they will send you a Matterport Pro3 Camera replacement (and have you send the existing one back in the same packaging)?

Are you within the Matterport warranty? You may not want to wait to exchange it.

Please keep us posted regarding what you learn.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
So here is my working theory. This happened in certain spots on the Cruise Ship as I was capturing the ship. It only happened in certain spots and I had to just keep moving it until it came back to normal.
I think it was a communication error going to the motor that would happen due to ship's electrical interference... i.e Radar, WiFi and more.
The only thing Matterport could do the whole time ask me what was my serial number and lets talk about replacing the camera... While I was on a ship, that was their fix, or update my firmware to a camera that is 3 weeks old and there has not been a firmware update for the Pro 3 since it came out 2 months ago. Again Matterport in never on top of things... Sad...
Will post one of the ships here in a few days...
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DouglasMeyers

Ugh! Wish it was easier. Glad to hear that they are willing to replace the Pro3, if you decide to go that route.

Yes. I can appreciate that when you are scanning on a ship at sea, doing a swap is not going to be an option.

When you can, please do post the cruise ship Pro3 shot tours. (New WGAN Forum topic would be great!)

And, please keep us posted if the firmware update fixes the problem.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
GamelLarry private msg quote post Address this user
Mine started doing that exact thing after I performed a firmware update. Matterport replaced my camera and now I have zero issues. However I am declining the update message on the new camera.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GamelLarry

Can you clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamelLarry
However I am declining the update message on the new camera.

1. What messages do you get on the Matterport Pro3 Camera?
2. Why are you declining?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GamelLarry

Ah! My bad. The firmware updated!

Got it!

Dam
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GamelLarry

Are you doing firmware updates, but just waiting to make sure that others don't report problems?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
On my original camera I had performed a firmware update. I started getting that exact message and freezing. I had contacted Matterport and got a second update and it improved but I was still getting the errors and I was getting misalignments. Because of the misalignments Matterport let me exchange the camera. As far as the new camera goes, I am holding off on doing any firmware updates until I see that there's no issues coming from them. As of right now the new camera is performing just as my old camera did before the update.
Post 10 IP   flag post
180360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys I have had the same issue about twice in about 90 scans of a property. Apart from the Axis this is my first Matterport camera. Each time it paused I immediately cancelled the scan within like 4 seconds of noticing and hit scan again and it worked fine on the next scan.I didn't think it was a big deal, a glitch, an expensive glitch I guess but reading these comments should I be returning my camera, it has been updated.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180360
reading these comments should I be returning my camera, it has been updated.

@180360

If your Matterport Pro3 Camera is still under warranty, at the very least get an email from Matterport acknowledging the problem in case you need to swap Matterport Pro3 cameras in the future.

You might ask Matterport to swap Matterport Pro3 Cameras now BEFORE it potentially turns into a BIG problem.

Matterport should want your Matterport Pro3 Camera to help identify either hardware and/or software issues before this problem potentially shows up in many Matterport Pro3 Cameras.

Please keep us posted regarding what Matterport says about the problem with your Matterport Pro3 Camera.

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
EMILIANO private msg quote post Address this user
@GamelLarry @180360 @DouglasMeyers

I updated the firmware on Friday 12/09. It had been proposed on 12/08, it had not been proposed before. Did your problems arise after that date or before?

Best.

E.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The original update that caused the issue was done on October 29th. The issues started to arise after that. They sent an additional update 2 weeks later that made the issue not occur as often, but it still occurred. The reason they swapped my camera was because I was getting an alignment issue at random. I sent them the tours in question, and they authorized an exchange due to a hardware issue.
Post 14 IP   flag post
EMILIANO private msg quote post Address this user
@GamelLarry

I received the PRO3 on 11/11, and about 10 days later I did the first firmware update, the second on 12/08. I've had 1/2 operating errors, and I've done at least 280/300 scans. Even with the PRO2 it happened to me a few times.

E.
Post 15 IP   flag post
The tech I spoke with started they were aware and trying to resolve the issue. He told me to install the second update. And while it helped it didn't resolve it. I still love my camera, I'm just a tad leery of the firmware updates as of right now. I think in an effort to fix one problem they created another one.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @DouglasMeyers
So here is my working theory. This happened in certain spots on the Cruise Ship as I was capturing the ship. It only happened in certain spots and I had to just keep moving it until it came back to normal.

I think it was a communication error going to the motor that would happen due to ship's electrical interference... i.e Radar, WiFi and more.

The only thing Matterport could do the whole time ask me what was my serial number and lets talk about replacing the camera... While I was on a ship, that was their fix, or update my firmware to a camera that is 3 weeks old and there has not been a firmware update for the Pro 3 since it came out 2 months ago. Again Matterport in never on top of things... Sad...
Will post one of the ships here in a few days...

@DouglasMeyers

Any update?

Now that you are back on land, any "spinning" issues (as shown in your video) with the Matterport Pro3 Camera?

Are you taking Matterport up on their offer to exchange your Matterport Pro3 Camera?

About your Matterport tour of the cruise ship, please do start a new WGAN Forum discussion on that topic.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
101436 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?