Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceGeariPadQuestions

Which iPad to buy/replace older model?17916

WGAN
Basic
Seattle
kjoman private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using my 2016 iPad Pro for over 6 years now - it's starting to slow down (I do back up/off older scans). I'd love some feedback/ideas on which one to purchase.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Kjoman,
This is a question that pops up when I’m delivering training.
The short answer is an 11 inch iPad Pro, wifi version.
That assumes that it is dedicated to the task in hand.
The ability to download Matterport models means that the smaller capacity models are adequate.
So a one gig model is more than adequate.
Oliver
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
2020 Pro aligns scans in about 4-5 seconds top. Later models of IPad Pro will do it faster but keep in mind you can only beat these 4-5 seconds usually counting data transfer speed.

As for a size of storage I bought 128gb and at some point started regretting it. 128gb could get used quite fast with big jobs and I started exporting jobs to save them on my PC HDD. While I was looking to get another Ipad Pro with more storage Matterport made this addition to the capture app where you can simply download scan data from any tour sitting on your account. So no need to export/import jobs now as you can delete them from your iPad and recover its job scans from your cloud account. And now 128GB seems to be ok.
Post 3 IP   flag post
johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman I did not know about this new feature. Do we need to do anything to save the scan data to the cloud, or does it happen automatically? And then how do we access that data?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I believe the only thing you need to do to use it in the future is to upload a job for processing. Once it is done you can recover all scans back to your capture app.

@Hopscotch posted a video about recovering yesterday. See it on the link below I have also added to the thread another great discovery about this new feature.

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/17920/page/1/matterport-cloud-restore-is-here/
Post 5 IP   flag post
101636 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?