Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AmazonAsurionInsurancePro3

Warning: Pro3 "Insurance" Add On via Amazon does NOT Include Commercial Use17898

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab 1: Amazon Add On Pop Up for "Insurance" for Matterport Pro3 Camera

Screen Grab 2: Amazon Add On Pop Up for "Insurance" for Matterport Pro3 Camera | No mention that the "Insurance" coverage excludes commercial use

Warning: Matterport Pro3 Camera "Insurance" Add On via Amazon does NOT Include Commercial Use

Hi All,

A WGAN Member reports in this WGAN Forum discussion that the Matterport Pro3 Camera "Insurance" Add On popup via Amazon does NOT Include Commercial Use of the Matterport Pro3 Camera.

Personally, I believe this is a BAD business practice by Amazon to automatically generate a popup to buy Insurance for the Matterport Pro3 Camera when the insurance excludes commercial use (for a $6,000 camera that is likely purchased near 100 percent for commercial use.

To add insult to injury, the details within the "insurance popup" do NOT say commercial use only.

Only when you receive your Asurion Protection Terms and Conditions - or contact Asurion via the Asurion website - (not Amazon) - do you read that the Asurion Terms and Conditions excludes "Products used for commercial purposes" of the camera.

For clarification, it was hard for me to locate the Asurion Terms and Conditions covering the Matterport Pro3 Camera. I had to reach out to their support to get them (which they did in a timely manor.)

Screen Grabs from Asurion Terms and Conditions Page 4 of 8: "What is Not Covered" section says "Products used for commercial purposes"

I will reach out to Asurion to ask them if Amazon should popup their Add On for "Insurance" Coverage given that the $6,000 Matterport Pro3 Camera is likely near 100 percent for commercial use (and that the Asurion coverage specifically excludes commercial use.

I will also give Asurion an opportunity to correct any info above and to respond to this discussion.

What are your thoughts?

Dan

P.S. Asurion Terms and Conditions says:

Insurance Securing This Plan: This Plan is not an insurance policy, however, our obligations under this Plan are insured under a policy issued by Continental Casualty Company, 151 N. Franklin, Chicago, IL 60606. If You have filed a claim under this Plan and We fail to pay or provide service within sixty (60) days, or if We become insolvent or otherwise financially impaired, You may contact Continental Casualty Company directly at 1-800-831-4262 to report Your claim.

---

Matterport Pro3 Camera | Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit | WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport)

WGAN-TV Podcast Play List: Pro3 | WGAN Forum Playlist: Pro3

WGAN Forum Discussion: WGAN Cheat Sheet: Cost Worksheet for Matterport Pro3 Camera

Join the WGAN List | Join WGAN Forum

Matterport Pro3 Camera | Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit
Post 1 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
On camera safety. I recommend getting orange traffic cones for outdoor scanning. For some reason a $6k camera on a tripod setting in a fire lane seems to be a magnet for idiots driving in a parking lot.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: Noon ET Friday, 2 December 2022
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab of email sent to Amazon Public Relations at 5:10 pm ET Monday, 5 December 2022

Hi All,

When I hear back from Amazon, I will post their reply.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab of "Report incorrect product information" with Description. (Submit button not working) 5:20 pm ET Monday, 5 December 2022
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab

Hi All,

I did not hear back from Amazon and I see that Amazon is still offering the "insurance" Add On to the Matterport Pro3 Camera (even though the "insurance" does NOT include commercial use of the Matterport Pro3 Camera).

So, I (just) submitted a Matterport Support ticket (see above screen grab).

I will keep you posted regarding what I hear back from Matterport.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab of Matterport Support Ticket received 6:25 pm ET Tuesday, 13 December 2022

Hi All,

FYI ...

Matterport Tier 1 Support is bumping the issue to Tier 2 Support.

I will keep you posted.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab of Matterport Support email received 8:35 pm ET Tuesday, 13 December 2022

Hi All,

Matterport Support writes (in part):

I've checked internally however unfortunately this is out of our control as the insurance offered is a partner of Amazon.

We strongly suggest not to get the insurance since Pro3 already comes with manufacturer warranty and if the users chooses to purchase 3rd party insurance, it is their decision and responsibility of asurion.

Your thoughts how I should reply (if at all)?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
(So far, Matterport and Asurion say it is not their responsibility and Amazon has not responded to my outreach.)

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab of Federal Trade Commission Complaint by Dan Smigrod

Hi All,

I filed a "misleading advertising" complaint for this bad business practice with the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC.GOV/complaint).

An excerpt from my complaint appears above.

Dan

Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I spoke with a representative at Amazon (866-216-1072) customer support today (Wednesday, 14 December 2022).

I should hear back in 24-48 hours from "Amazon Escalations" about my request to either:

1. clearly label the offer as "does NOT include commercial use" or
2. not offer the "insurance" on a product that is clearly used for "commercial use".

I will keep you posted,

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Good news ...

When you add a Matterport Pro3 Camera to the Amazon shopping cart, you no longer get the popup for the "insurance" Add On.

Can you confirm that (so I know that it is not just me)?

Unfortunately, when you add a Matterport Pro3 Acceleration Kit to the Amazon shopping cart, you still get the popup for the "insurance" Add On.

I will wait a few days to see if Amazon Escalations gets back to me to let me know that they took action of the Matterport Pro3 Camera Add On pop-up. If/when I do, I will ask them to do the same thing regarding the Matterport Pro3 Acceleration Kit.

(I have not hear back from Amazon - as of 1:30 pm ET Monday, 19 December 2022 - despite Amazon telling me on Wednesday, 14 December 2022 that I would hear back from Amazon in 24-48 hours.)

Stay tuned,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101421 12 12